Pedro Caixinha angry at dressing room leaks ahead of*Old Firm derby

if any of these players don't like it then fine. Go find another club.

PC must not fall into the same trap as Le Guen. He must be prepared to confront anyone working against him & deal with them accordingly.

Spot on. He's basically taking it in the neck from the gutter press because the players are not performing. He owes no loyalty to people who are not putting in the same commitment as he is.

It is very rare in ANY job for employees to take longer than 2 weeks off at the summer (normally 10 working day holiday)....many folk only taking 1 week (5 working days).

It would be interesting to see how many hours a week the players ACTUALLY work - I would hazard a guess that it is considerably lower than your average/normal person. I would also guess that the time they get off over the course of a calendar year is greater than the average person.

Suck it up & get on with it like any NORMAL working person.

As for the information leak, I suppose it would depend on the nature of the leak.....If a player was asked a direct question by someone in the media, and simply gave an honest answer - does that constitute a leak??? I would guess that a likely source would be the other half of one of the players getting married, moaning to someone, who then tells the press.

Sorry I pressed edit post instead of reply to post. I have never had anything but 4 weeks holiday in the summer. A boss is only obliged to give you 2 weeks though.

Sorry I pressed edit post instead of reply to post. I have never had anything but 4 weeks holiday in the summer. A boss is only obliged to give you 2 weeks though.

I am entitled to something like 28 days holiday per year....I may wish to take them at once, but then I have no more paid holidays for the rest of the year. My employer expects me to probably take 2 weeks off at summer - I generally spread my days off over a longer period.

These guys are earning stupidly high wages, only tend to "work" a few hours per day, and complain when they have to play more than 3 games of footie in a 2 week period....They are pampered prima donnas.

Surely holidays and entitlements should be in their contracts? If their contracts state a certain amount of holidays pre season then Pedro has overstepped the mark.

If, as I suspect, they don't state any fixed amount pre season then they should keep quiet and get on with trying to improve themselves and the club. This is a HR matter that should be covered by their contracts?

Though I would normally empathise with people complaining of not enough time off I can't in this instance. Last I heard a typical 'working day' for professional footballers is in to 'work' between 8am and 9am and back out between noon and 1pm. The vast majority of the working population would consider that a permanent holiday and even more so since the actual daily 'work' comprises of activities the rest of us typically pay for and look forward to.

If we want top quality gym equipment we need to pay for a gym and if we want a kick about with our mates again it will likely cost for facilities. Throw in the fact they can retire early to mid 30's and it simply reinforces the fact that if there is real complaining about 9 days off in the Summer these guys have lost touch with reality.

I am entitled to something like 28 days holiday per year....I may wish to take them at once, but then I have no more paid holidays for the rest of the year. My employer expects me to probably take 2 weeks off at summer - I generally spread my days off over a longer period.

These guys are earning stupidly high wages, only tend to "work" a few hours per day, and complain when they have to play more than 3 games of footie in a 2 week period....They are pampered prima donnas.

If I was still working with my old boss i would now have 84 days holiday. They call them old prick days in Holland. You build them up over the years. Every 5 years you gain a day. Until 60 and then you get a massive increase to wind down to 65 now 67.

Any Rangers player moaning about holidays after last week isn't fit to wear the shirt. We know some of them aren't fit to wear it but any of holidays is scandalous at the moment.

I worked in IT and when it came to the crunch and things went t*ts up it was all hands to the pump. That's where we are after last weeks shocker and players who don't like it can feck off. It's critical to be fit for these early euro ties as we know.

Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha hits out ahead of Celtic clash: 'If I'm not respected I'm not going to respect - I’m a f***ing tough guy'

The Portuguese boss was bristling publicly under questioning for the first time since he became Rangers boss as he previewed Saturday's big game.

By Gary Ralston

Rangers have employed a Portuguese named Pedro who yesterday did a passable impression of a French singer named Piaf.

Caixinha stopped short of warbling Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien but the sentiment was genuine nonetheless.

Asked if he could change anything about the build-up to last Sunday, arguably the most one-sided Old Firm game in recent years, he added: “Nothing. Nothing at all.”

Like Edith, the Little Sparrow, no regrets as he added: “I wouldn’t change the style, there would be no change of tactic – just a change in the passion.”

Caixinha threw in a blast of the blues for good measure at Murray Park, bristling publicly under questioning for the first time since he became Rangers boss.

For the record, he felt our story – that’s he’s considering a U-turn on only offering his squad nine days of a summer holiday – was “disrespectful.”

In the aftermath of such a tame capitulation in last weekend’s Scottish Cup semi-final against tomorrow’s league rivals Celtic, he was also peeved about enquiries around the strength or otherwise of his squad.

Does he need more players than he first imagined? Does he regret his very first media conference when he declared his squad the best in the country?

If only his players had shown such animation in the first half against their arch rivals as their gaffer in a cramped office at the club’s training ground.

They might have been walking the stairs at Hampden for silverware on May 27 rather than treading golden sands on a Mediterranean beach holiday.

Caixinha said: “You are seeing someone who is clear, frontal and open but everyone has his own limit. When I feel I am not being respected I’m not going to respect. I’m polite, I’m educated but I’m a f***ing tough guy.”

On the issue of his squad he pointed at the club crest on his T-shirt and insisted he has to believe his team and his players are the best in the business.

He said: “What I said is that when I’m defending my club – the way I’m defending Rangers now – they are the best club in the world. My board and my management are the best in the world so that also means that my players and my squad are the best in the world.

“I have explained this since the very beginning. They give the best in the world and they give the best in Scotland. It’s clear now?

“I also said from the beginning we need a strong youth level, squad level and also to bring in Scottish and international players.

“Do you want me to tell you names of the ones that are being told to get out and the ones that are coming in?

“I’m not going to do that. It’s my job to make these changes and that’s what I’m doing. My opinion has not changed on the back of last week’s match and I told the players before the game as well.”

His tone, apparently, was more relaxed in his pre-match team talk before the cup tie against Celtic than he might otherwise have been tempted to adopt.

His assistant Helder Baptista sensed a tension in the players during their warm up and urged his boss to go easy on them.

Seasoned Old Firm observers will tell you that’s as foolhardy as generals sending their troops into war to a soundtrack of lullabies and nursery rhymes.

Caixinha said: “You are not going to win an Old Firm game by tactics. Did Celtic change their tactics? No. They played exactly the same, they played with their identity. Did we change our identity in the previous five matches? No.

“The lack of passion is why I said I felt ashamed at our awards on Sunday night, totally. You know what we received from our fans – passion. The one thing they should at least have been given in return was the same.

“Did the players not understand what I was looking for? No, I don’t think that. We analysed it with the players what really happened and what was supposed to happen.

“We lost the match. They were better than us. They beat us. We definitely missed that passion and commitment. The gap is quite clear. It is evident, we are quite realistic about it but we are working from inside to trim it. It is not only from one match I am going to perceive that gap.

“But do you know where this club was five years ago? Do you know any other team in the world that came from the mud and got in this position in five years?

“That needs to be valid – and all of you need to understand that Scottish football, and all of you in your life, need a strong Rangers. That is what we are working for.”

Rangers can take a step towards redemption tomorrow with their first win in six attempts over the Hoops this season.

It would be a pyrrhic victory in terms of a league championship effectively won long before Caixinha arrived. But it would deny Celtic an unbeaten domestic run and perhaps point to better days next term.

Caixinha added: “My message to our fans is to keep supporting us because the team is going to try to do the opposite (of last Sunday). From the very first second we call on the stands to support us.

“Maybe it feels a little bit different to win these games, for sure. I hope to have that feeling at Ibrox on Saturday.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-pedro-caixinha-hits-10311681

We should give the Record and their lot the respect they deserve, i.e. none. Why we have these trolls and word-twisters still at a media conference is beyond me. Above, they simply take the proverbial p*ss, so please responsible Rangers official, do your duty!

Edited by der Berliner