Man, 22, stabbed for 'being an orange b******' following Old Firm match

POLICE have launched a probe after a 22-year-old was rushed to hospital to be treated for chest wounds following Sunday's Scottish Cup Old Firm.

The young man was assaulted*in the Kinning Park area at around 11.30pm.

Police say he was taken to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital but later released.* A Police Scotland spokeswoman added: "Enquiries are ongoing."

Their investigation comes after a Rangers fan claimed on social media he had been stabbed in the chest for being an "orange b******".

The Twitter user posted: "Love Old Firm hatred but I never thought I'd be stabbed in the chest for being an 'orange b******'. "Luckily not deep and only needed six stitches."

The Twitter user also posted an image of his injuries which appeared to be in the chest area.

We reported yesterday that Police Scotland arrested 10*men in connection with alleged offences at the Old Firm semi-final.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15244600.Man__22__stabbed_for__being_an_orange_b________following_Old_Firm_match/

what on earth?

can you tell us a bit more about this?

I make light of it now but trust me back when i was only fifteen, and being bullied at work it was horrendous.

I was born in the Gallowgate from a well know Rangers family in the area, left school at fifteen and went to work in the Meat Market there, basically i was bullied remorsessly for being a Rangers fan and Protestant. Came to a head when one scumbag said he was going to stab me, then pushed a knife at my face, i put my hand up to ward off the blow and the knife went in. As i said it was a minor cut , but the guys faced drained and he went on about he was only joking and didn't mean it, considering him and his pal had already scored ''Tims'' on the back of my hand by a knife he meant it.

I was trying to deal with the bullying but i was to young and small, think of a small lad that was the height of a twelve year old and that was me, told my dad and bigger brother and they went into the Market and sorted the guy out Glasgow style. But it left me with a hate for bullies that i carry to this day, bit of an over reaction to anyone bullying as i tend act first and ask questions later if you get my drift?

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Reminds me what happened with my son, not physically but mentally.When he left school he got a job in the DSS at Shettleston and came home in a distressed state one day as he had been verbally bullied to the fact that he had "slipped through the net" the crime? he was a Rangers supporter.

Reminds me what happened with my son, not physically but mentally.When he left school he got a job in the DSS at Shettleston and came home in a distressed state one day as he had been verbally bullied to the fact that he had "slipped through the net" the crime? he was a Rangers supporter.

There's a back catalogue to my bullying, i had two physical altercations in the animal pens with these guys, you had to stand up for yourself, but they were 21yrs old at the time and i was just out of school. Hard lessons of life then, you never got any protection it was dog fight dog, it was a schooling i have never forgot.

I make light of it now but trust me back when i was only fifteen, and being bullied at work it was horrendous.

I was born in the Gallowgate from a well know Rangers family in the area, left school at fifteen and went to work in the Meat Market there, basically i was bullied remorsessly for being a Rangers fan and Protestant. Came to a head when one scumbag said he was going to stab me, then pushed a knife at my face, i put my hand up to ward off the blow and the knife went in. As i said it was a minor cut , but the guys faced drained and he went on about he was only joking and didn't mean it, considering him and his pal had already scored ''Tims'' on the back of my hand by a knife he meant it.

I was trying to deal with the bullying but i was to young and small, think of a small lad that was the height of a twelve year old and that was me, told my dad and bigger brother and they went into the Market and sorted the guy out Glasgow style. But it left me with a hate for bullies that i carry to this day, bit of an over reaction to anyone bullying as i tend act first and ask questions later if you get my drift?

good god

and no doubt if you'd have contacted the police ,you'd have been the one in the wrong

good god

and no doubt if you'd have contacted the police ,you'd have been the one in the wrong

You didn't contact the police in the Gallowgate let alone the Meat Market, you dealt with it or ran from it, i stuck it out for a year then got another job. Like i say it taught me a few lessons in life, for a many years after i was quick with my hands as i got older i started to think before i got my retaliation in first lol

Edited by aweebluesoandso