Rangers target Aberdeen captain Ryan Jack on pre-contract deal

Makes sense if true. We need a defensive MF player. Barton left & it looks to me PC has made his mind up early doors about Rossiter.

I'm not sure how anyone can come to that conclusion about Rossiter when the lad has been injured.

I'm not sure how anyone can come to that conclusion about Rossiter when the lad has been injured.

He's been injured ever since he arrived more or less. Hence the move for Jack.

As SAF always said before signing a player - check his attendance record. Pity we never did that with Rossiter. Jack,however, is fine.

He's been injured ever since he arrived more or less. Hence the move for Jack.

As SAF always said before signing a player - check his attendance record. Pity we never did that with Rossiter. Jack,however, is fine.

That doesn't say anything about Rossiter at all. Toral will be going back to his home club and Jack could just as easily be seen as filling that squad place rather than replacing Rossiter.

Your assertion is nothing more than assumption - you could be right, but you are basing it on virtually nothing other than us having an injured player in Rossiter.

Will he have to make up with Garner first:devil:

Garner will be playing elsewhere next season, hopefully. Is Jack any good? Can't say he has stuck out as something special anytime I've seen Aberdeen.

Perhaps not the calibre we would like, but he is a solid SPFL player and captain of a team that have done fairly well over the last few years; not to mention that taking their captain weakens them. I'd take him as a squad player. It's a pre-contract so it won't cost much.

If weakening Aberdeen is part of our signing policy then we would be as well giving up now. He isn't the calibre we need to bridge the gap with Celtic, but would be useful backup.

Seems like it's all been paper nonsense- and now jack the Lad will be absolutely adored by the Sheep:

Jack tells McInnes: ‘I’m not interested in Rangers move'

The Aberdeen manager says he's been reassured his captain won't go to Ibrox.

The Dons captain was linked with a switch to Ibrox, with a report that said an approach may be made before the end of the season. Jack is out of contract this summer and can speak to potential clubs at any time.

In a rare move, Aberdeen used the club's Twitter account to carry a message from McInnes saying he had been reassured there was no likelihood of him leaving for Pedro Caixinha's team.

McInnes said: "[The reports] got brought to my attention and I spoke to Ryan this morning as I normally do at training.

"He gave me assurances that there has been no contact, that he doesn't anticipate contact and that it's not something he's interested in."

The Dons boss said that a move to England was a possibility if Jack left Aberdeen at all but also questioned the timing of the reports, with Rangers chasing his side for second place in the league.

"Ryan feels that he is really happy here," he said. "He hasn't ruled out staying here and we're all hoping that he will be here [next season].

"But if he does decide to move on his likely destination will be England. He sees that maybe being his next opportunity if he decides to leave Aberdeen.

"So there's absolutely nothing in it and you have to question the reason for it, whether it's to try and destabilise us or whatever.

"I have been assured by Ryan - and I trust Ryan - that he nor his agent have had any contact with Rangers."

If weakening Aberdeen is part of our signing policy then we would be as well giving up now. He isn't the calibre we need to bridge the gap with Celtic, but would be useful backup.

It's an added benefit.