POWDERPUFF Rangers star Joe Garner is a poor excuse for a football hardman

You have to go down to make the ref make a decision. Its a red card all day long.

As Neil McCann pointed out ''he gave the ref a decision to make'' but at the same time by Garner's theatrics he gave the ref a get out, if he had stepped away clutching his face and not fallen, i think the ref would have given a red to the Aberdeen player.

Garner was headbutted. That's a sending off offence. It doesn't matter if it was enough to send him to the ground or not. Why didn't the ref show a red? There was a coward but it wasn't Garner.

Jacks' tackle on Garner, straight leg, was a booking itself!

As Neil McCann pointed out ''he gave the ref a decision to make'' but at the same time by Garner's theatrics he gave the ref a get out, if he had stepped away clutching his face and not fallen, i think the ref would have given a red to the Aberdeen player.

Yeah definitely a better idea.

Fact is if you get headbutted you would be a fool not to do one or other in the modern game.

Rangers striker Joe Garner was clearly trying to get Aberdeen's Ryan Jack sent off and behaved like a three-year-old - Richmond

Both players were involved in a flare-up at Pittodrie but former whistleblower Charlie Richmond says it was just a case of 'rutting stags'.

Another week, another square-up as Aberdeen’s Ryan Jack and Rangers’ Joe Garner went head to head.

But anyone calling for the Dons stopper to be sent off would have been wrong.

A former head of refereeing described this act of aggression as the “rutting stags” and a yellow card was the correct call.

Referee Kevin Clancy handled the incident perfectly well but Garner has to have a look at himself for his reaction.

What was he trying to do? He was blatantly trying to get his opponent sent off, it was like watching the behaviour of a three-year-old child.

It took him a few seconds to think, “I’ve been hurt, I better throw myself to the ground.”

Even Rangers fans would have left Pittodrie wondering why on earth he was signed for £1.5million – all he’s done is bring controversy since he arrived.

Yeah definitely a better idea.

Fact is if you get headbutted you would be a fool not to do one or other in the modern game.

Why wasnt this idiot slaughtering Jamie vardy or every other player that goes down at the touch of a head but? We all know the answer.. Just the same as sky commentators and BBC commentators focusing on it and not a great victory.

Don't buy or read leckies pish and dont give sky/BT your money. They don't get any of mine any more!

Why wasnt this idiot slaughtering Jamie vardy or every other player that goes down at the touch of a head but? We all know the answer.. Just the same as sky commentators and BBC commentators focusing on it and not a great victory.

Don't buy or read leckies pish and dont give sky/BT your money. They don't get any of mine any more!

We are still waiting to hear what all the Rangers haters have to say about the Broon elbow on Holt!, the Broon dive!, the Dembele dive!

Rangers striker Joe Garner was clearly trying to get Aberdeen's Ryan Jack sent off and behaved like a three-year-old - Richmond

Both players were involved in a flare-up at Pittodrie but former whistleblower Charlie Richmond says it was just a case of 'rutting stags'.

Another week, another square-up as Aberdeen’s Ryan Jack and Rangers’ Joe Garner went head to head.

But anyone calling for the Dons stopper to be sent off would have been wrong.

A former head of refereeing described this act of aggression as the “rutting stags” and a yellow card was the correct call.

Referee Kevin Clancy handled the incident perfectly well but Garner has to have a look at himself for his reaction.

What was he trying to do? He was blatantly trying to get his opponent sent off, it was like watching the behaviour of a three-year-old child.

It took him a few seconds to think, “I’ve been hurt, I better throw myself to the ground.”

Even Rangers fans would have left Pittodrie wondering why on earth he was signed for £1.5million – all he’s done is bring controversy since he arrived.

OK, thats fine, if its only a yellow card offence, it doesn't change the fact that Jack should have been sent off. His preceeding challenge was a yellow card on its own, plus the so called 'rutting stags' is another yellow, and what do 2 yellows make.......

Maybe the next time Garner just turns away, goes down to one knee and holds his face? No need to go down like being pole-axed. Same goes for Halliday (midweek) when being brushed off the ball (legally or not) going down, spreading his arms looking at the ref 75% of the time. Perhaps it has become part and parcel of the modern game, but one does not have to accept or like it. Garner does hand the refs an easy decision with yellow cards, but likewise puts himself about like hardly any striker for us did these last 3 or 4 years.

As for that debate above, Aberdeen were fouling our players all over the folk, Taylor should have gone for his jump at Toral, Jack too. Shinnie was lashing out time and again, Wilson had his nose broken by Rooney - unintentionally or not, it was dangerous play and meritted a yellow. Yet, for the mhedia, the pendulum only swings in one direction.