Neil Lennon to demand SFA chiefs postpone disciplinary hearing

Hibs boss Neil Lennon to demand SFA chiefs postpone disciplinary hearing to free him up for Scottish Cup semi final

The Hibs boss is due to appear before Hampden chiefs on April 20, just two days before he takes his team back to the national stadium for the Cup clash with Aberdeen.

Neil Lennon will demand the SFA postpone his disciplinary hearing to avoid wrecking his Scottish Cup semi-final preparations.

The Hibs boss is due to appear before Hampden chiefs on April 20, just two days before he takes his team back to the national stadium for the Cup clash with Aberdeen.

He’ll be banned from the dugout that day if the SFA disciplinary panel find him guilty of the three charges issued by compliance officer Tony McGlennan for his part in last week’s touchline bust-up with Morton boss Jim Duffy.

Yesterday, Lennon welcomed the news that his captain Darren McGregor’s red card from that incident – for an alleged headbutt on Morton’s Kudus Oyenuga – has been downgraded to a yellow on review by referee Nick Walsh.

But Lenny still faces punishment and insists the timing is unfair.So he will request a later date for his hearing.

Lennon said: “I’m not happy with the date. I don’t understand why it can’t be done now, or on Monday or Tuesday.“I will go and I will defend myself.

“I will look to get it delayed because if it’s on a Thursday before a semi-final and they deem me guilty of something – whatever that is – then I miss the semi-final.“That’s totally unfair. Bang out of order. Why is it delayed to the 20th?

“The players have been dealt with so why can’t we be dealt with?“What more do they need to look at?

“That Thursday will be an important day in our preparations. We are playing a team who are in as good form as Celtic at the minute.

“The semi is very important for this club and if I’m not being allowed to do my job for something I feel unjustifiably punished for I will not be happy.

“So I will ring them and ask for a delay.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-demand-10175373

Neil Lennon is box office which is why he's always in the papers - we don't tend to ignore people with something to say

Neil Cameron

THE question was fair and the answer straightforward. Neil Lennon wanted to know why he is continually asked questions other managers seemed to avoid, why his name was always in the papers and how on earth photographers can never catch him smiling.

Most of that is easy to explain and the press pack at the Hibernian Training Centre attempted to do so yesterday.

You see, Lennon is box office. As a player, Celtic manager and now at Hibs, he is one of the few personalities in Scottish football who can claim to actually have a true personality. He is honest with the Press, gives better quotes than Dorothy Parker and his opinion is always, always worth listening to.

Some people don’t like Lennon. He’s too angry, too opinionated, too much, as if the man from Lurgan’s traits are somehow foreign to. Let’s be clear, some of the dislike borders on hatred, which stems from sectarianism.

Lennon is a complicated soul but then isn’t everyone When the red mists descends, as it did when Jim Duffy apparently euphemistically offered up a square go, you had better get out of his way

Do you want to know what this makes him? An interesting human being. It’s why those working in newspapers like having him around. He’s good for business.

Asked if he’d spoken to Duffy, Lennon said: “Have you asked him? Does Jim actually do press conferences? No. So he gets to avoid all the awkward questions. Why does he not do a press conference?

"To be fair to you guys, he’s writing in The Sun and it’s probably ghost written. And it’s probably sugar-coated the way Jim would like it to be sugar-coated. He’s not sitting in front of you lot having to answer the questions that you guys want to ask. Is that fair?”

Duffy works for Morton, Lennon for Hibs. There is more attention on Leith which is why the manager’s weekly press conferences are set in stone.

Lennon wasn’t really having that and when it was put to him that you can't make anyone talk, Duffy in this case,he said: “I agree but he’s quite happy to put it in a column. For me, that’s wrong. There’s a conflict of interests there. I do my job and part of my job, part of my contract, is to speak to you guys and I’m quite happy to do it.

“I think I’m pretty fair with you. I think I’m pretty honest. I don’t avoid things. I tell you how I feel. Maybe I shouldn’t be so up front. Maybe I should just bat it off”

Ah, but Lenny sales newspapers. “I get that. Maybe I should get a column in the paper then. It would save you guys all the travel”

It was at this point your humble correspondent offered him a platform.

“The Herald? I’m not clever enough to write for The Herald.” Boy, is he wrong there.

Anyway, back to the football. Lennon has taken Hibs to within a few points of the and one good performance away from a second Scottish Cup Final. Nothing has been achieved yet and this squad will need improving for next season, but as things stand it’s job well done.

Lennon said: “We are further ahead than I thought we’d be. We are on the brink of winning a Championship, hopefully, and we’re in the semi-final of the cup and I wouldn’t have envisaged that at the start of the season.

“The club is in good shape, we’re getting good crowds and there’s buoyancy about us. There’s a sense of belief among the players that we can take on anyone on any given day.

“It’s a tough league, it was never going to be a cakewalk. There’s only one team in Scotland can do that and they are the best with the best players, resources and the best manager. The rest of us have to dig in sometimes and we’ve dug in pretty well this season when needed.”

And then a week after refusing to call Duffy even by his name, Lennon offered a gushing tribute to his would-be enemy.

He said: “Morton didn’t start the season well and we beat them handsomely but Jim has found a really good way of playing and whatever has gone on, ultimately, as a manager, you have to pay tribute to the job that he has done.

“He has done a fantastic job and he would be a contender for manager of the year, as would, in this division, Peter Houston and Steve Aitken at Dumbarton, allied to Brendan (Rodgers) and Derek (McInnes) in the top league.

“Morton are a really tough nut to crack and they have proved that over the season and he had reinvigorated Ross Forbes and Tom O’Ware has been a stand out for him so he is getting the best out of a lot of players who were maybe let go or on the periphery at other clubs.”

Anyone who thinks Scottish football is not a far more entertaining and indeed better place with Lennon in it needs a word with themselves.

And we will try to look out a snap of him smiling.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15210043.Neil_Lennon_is_box_office_which_is_why_he_s_always_in_the_papers___we_don_t_tend_to_ignore_people_with_something_to_say/

Neil Lennon is box office which is why he's always in the papers - we don't tend to ignore people with something to say

Neil Cameron

THE question was fair and the answer straightforward. Neil Lennon wanted to know why he is continually asked questions other managers seemed to avoid, why his name was always in the papers and how on earth photographers can never catch him smiling.

Most of that is easy to explain and the press pack at the Hibernian Training Centre attempted to do so yesterday.

You see, Lennon is box office. As a player, Celtic manager and now at Hibs, he is one of the few personalities in Scottish football who can claim to actually have a true personality. He is honest with the Press, gives better quotes than Dorothy Parker and his opinion is always, always worth listening to.

Some people don’t like Lennon. He’s too angry, too opinionated, too much, as if the man from Lurgan’s traits are somehow foreign to. Let’s be clear, some of the dislike borders on hatred, which stems from sectarianism.

Lennon is a complicated soul but then isn’t everyone When the red mists descends, as it did when Jim Duffy apparently euphemistically offered up a square go, you had better get out of his way

Do you want to know what this makes him? An interesting human being. It’s why those working in newspapers like having him around. He’s good for business.

Asked if he’d spoken to Duffy, Lennon said: “Have you asked him? Does Jim actually do press conferences? No. So he gets to avoid all the awkward questions. Why does he not do a press conference?

"To be fair to you guys, he’s writing in The Sun and it’s probably ghost written. And it’s probably sugar-coated the way Jim would like it to be sugar-coated. He’s not sitting in front of you lot having to answer the questions that you guys want to ask. Is that fair?”

Duffy works for Morton, Lennon for Hibs. There is more attention on Leith which is why the manager’s weekly press conferences are set in stone.

Lennon wasn’t really having that and when it was put to him that you can't make anyone talk, Duffy in this case,he said: “I agree but he’s quite happy to put it in a column. For me, that’s wrong. There’s a conflict of interests there. I do my job and part of my job, part of my contract, is to speak to you guys and I’m quite happy to do it.

“I think I’m pretty fair with you. I think I’m pretty honest. I don’t avoid things. I tell you how I feel. Maybe I shouldn’t be so up front. Maybe I should just bat it off”

Ah, but Lenny sales newspapers. “I get that. Maybe I should get a column in the paper then. It would save you guys all the travel”

It was at this point your humble correspondent offered him a platform.

“The Herald? I’m not clever enough to write for The Herald.” Boy, is he wrong there.

Anyway, back to the football. Lennon has taken Hibs to within a few points of the and one good performance away from a second Scottish Cup Final. Nothing has been achieved yet and this squad will need improving for next season, but as things stand it’s job well done.

Lennon said: “We are further ahead than I thought we’d be. We are on the brink of winning a Championship, hopefully, and we’re in the semi-final of the cup and I wouldn’t have envisaged that at the start of the season.

“The club is in good shape, we’re getting good crowds and there’s buoyancy about us. There’s a sense of belief among the players that we can take on anyone on any given day.

“It’s a tough league, it was never going to be a cakewalk. There’s only one team in Scotland can do that and they are the best with the best players, resources and the best manager. The rest of us have to dig in sometimes and we’ve dug in pretty well this season when needed.”

And then a week after refusing to call Duffy even by his name, Lennon offered a gushing tribute to his would-be enemy.

He said: “Morton didn’t start the season well and we beat them handsomely but Jim has found a really good way of playing and whatever has gone on, ultimately, as a manager, you have to pay tribute to the job that he has done.

“He has done a fantastic job and he would be a contender for manager of the year, as would, in this division, Peter Houston and Steve Aitken at Dumbarton, allied to Brendan (Rodgers) and Derek (McInnes) in the top league.

“Morton are a really tough nut to crack and they have proved that over the season and he had reinvigorated Ross Forbes and Tom O’Ware has been a stand out for him so he is getting the best out of a lot of players who were maybe let go or on the periphery at other clubs.”

Anyone who thinks Scottish football is not a far more entertaining and indeed better place with Lennon in it needs a word with themselves.

And we will try to look out a snap of him smiling.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15210043.Neil_Lennon_is_box_office_which_is_why_he_s_always_in_the_papers___we_don_t_tend_to_ignore_people_with_something_to_say/

The sectarian myth brought in in another skewed news article trying to justify Lennon's behaviour. The as per an article I posted yesterday, the Record is no longer trying to hide it's true colours.

The guttersnipe Lennon is in no position to "demand" anything from the SFA, quite frankly.

The second article, from the pages of the Gherald, is another in a decades long, tedious series of apologias, from the Scottish print and other media, for the behaviour of the Lurgan Neanderthal. I have heard dozens, possibly scores, of vindications over the years, and each one has emphasised this creature's intellect, his singular charm, his exemplary deportment, and his possession of every other conceivable virtue, short, merely, of miracle-making.

I have thought from the first, and still think now, seeing no reason to change my view, that his pals in the press, on radio, and on television, quite simply, doth protest too much.

Edited by Uilleam

:lol::roflmao::flipa:

He is great in the Championship. Hopefully Falkirk beat them tomorrow and either they or Morton can overhaul them. Even though Hibs go up they will find it very difficult next season.

The guttersnipe Lennon is in no position to "demand" anything from the SFA, quite frankly.

The second article, from the pages of the Gherald, is another in a decades long, tedious series of apologias, from the Scottish print and other media, for the behaviour of the Lurgan Neanderthal. I have heard dozens, possibly scores, of vindications over the years, and each one has emphasised this creature's intellect, his singular charm, his exemplary deportment, and his possession of every other conceivable virtue, short, merely, of miracle-making.

I have thought from the first, and still think now, seeing no reason to change my view, that his pals in the press, on radio, and on television, quite simply, doth protest too much.

Totally agreed. Has he got something on the press that they have to print such nonsense?

Some people don’t like Lennon. He’s too angry, too opinionated, too much, as if the man from Lurgan’s traits are somehow foreign to. Let’s be clear, some of the dislike borders on hatred, which stems from sectarianism.[/b]

Apparently it's sectarian to dislike someone for threatening people with knifes:

"Neil Lennon in Knife threat to Mistress"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-boss-neil-lennon-knife-7044229

Of course this isn't the first time he has threatened women:

"Lennon sent me threats by text"

http://ifyouknowtheirhistory.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/neil-lennon-sent-women-threats.html

I hate guys who threaten and abuse women. if that makes me sectarian then so be it.

Can't wait until he is standing in the technical area at Ibrox next season to see his twisted bitter face spewing his bile ,I am quite sure the fans will give him a rousing reception .