Voting for the clubs player of the year is now open.

For the second time in 3 years, I cannot bring myself to vote for anyone in either category. This season has been an absolute disaster, with both defending and attacking generally shambolic. POTY is not much of an award if the recipient has been bang average and just the best of a bad lot. For some to correctly mention a guy with less than 10 games under his belt as a potential award winner sums everything up completely.

What next, a manager of the year award seeing as we have 3 contestants this season? Clearly Pedro would win after only one game in charge!

If I got a free ticket to the (£150 a pop) awards ceremony I wouldnt go, there is simply nothing to celebrate about another truly awful season. That could change with a cup final victory, but awards seem to getting earlier every year just to sell tickets to a vastly over-priced dinner where cringeworthy categories are created to pad out the event.

For the second time in 3 years, I cannot bring myself to vote for anyone in either category. This season has been an absolute disaster, with both defending and attacking generally shambolic. POTY is not much of an award if the recipient has been bang average and just the best of a bad lot. For some to correctly mention a guy with less than 10 games under his belt as a potential award winner sums everything up completely.

What next, a manager of the year award seeing as we have 3 contestants this season? Clearly Pedro would win after only one game in charge!

If I got a free ticket to the (£150 a pop) awards ceremony I wouldnt go, there is simply nothing to celebrate about another truly awful season. That could change with a cup final victory, but awards seem to getting earlier every year just to sell tickets to a vastly over-priced dinner where cringeworthy categories are created to pad out the event.

You're funny TB, and I mean that sincerely. I think we could all have predicted this as being your response. I completely understand the fact that these players aren't as good as those we've had in the past, but wouldn't you give credit to Hill or Foderingham this season? In your opinion, are these players performing "bang average" by their standards, or by Rangers standards? I completely accept the latter, but not the former.

You're funny TB, and I mean that sincerely. I think we could all have predicted this as being your response. I completely understand the fact that these players aren't as good as those we've had in the past, but wouldn't you give credit to Hill or Foderingham this season? In your opinion, are these players performing "bang average" by their standards, or by Rangers standards? I completely accept the latter, but not the former.

Don't know what's funny about an honest opinion. Hill has been the best of a terrible bunch of defenders this season, and might be performing well by his standards, but not by the standards I want from Rangers players. Wes I'm not a great fan of, loses far too many goals from distance due to bad positioning, and his dithering on the ball and bad passes has cost us several times this season. He should never have got back in the team after the fantastic performance by the other goalie (names gone for now) in the OF SF last Autumn.

It is of course by Rangers standards I apply my criteria to, as they are Rangers players ( in name anyway). To accept mediocrity and failure is not the Rangers way, no matters the trials and tribulations we have endured. I'm sure our greatest ever Ranger, Mr Struth, would agree, even if "Gaffer" doesn't!

Don't know what's funny about an honest opinion. Hill has been the best of a terrible bunch of defenders this season, and might be performing well by his standards, but not by the standards I want from Rangers players. Wes I'm not a great fan of, loses far too many goals from distance due to bad positioning, and his dithering on the ball and bad passes has cost us several times this season. He should never have got back in the team after the fantastic performance by the other goalie (names gone for now) in the OF SF last Autumn.

It is of course by Rangers standards I apply my criteria to, as they are Rangers players ( in name anyway). To accept mediocrity and failure is not the Rangers way, no matters the trials and tribulations we have endured. I'm sure our greatest ever Ranger, Mr Struth, would agree, even if "Gaffer" doesn't!

Matt Gilks.

Gilks is worse with the ball at his feet than Foderingham. But, yes, put in a very good performance against Celtic. But then, so too has Foderingham.

I did not mean to offend you by suggesting you were funny. It's just that I have this image of you battering the keys as you wrote it. As for accepting mediocrity, I'm assuming you're fishing again by suggesting that I'm happy with that. Of course I'm not and no Rangers fan is, but the simple fact is that we do not have the money to spend on the types of players I'd want at the club. It'll be a long time before we can spend that sort of money, so we either don't award a PotY to anyone for the next few years or we award it based on the premise that our best player gets the honour.

Do not presume that my positive outlook is an acceptance of failure or that I'm content with our current position in the league. I do however have a choice the same as you. I can either live in the past (which was largely enjoyable) where we had players like Gazza and Laudrup, or I can acknowledge the situation my club finds itself in and manage my own expectations about what is possible. I fear that if you continue to measure the team relative to our past squads, you won't be happy for a very long time, and that's unhealthy in my opinion. So, I accept your opinion on the listed players, just as I'm,sure you'll respect mine.

I was happy enough with the performances last season and players like Holt, Waghorn & McKay were worthy nominees. They don't have to be Laudrup to be worthy, but my point is merely that this season has been so utterly disappointing that we shouldn't be celebrating such mediocrity in this fashion, a big glitzy expensive dinner bigging up dismal failure.

Lewis McLeod in his final season was outstanding in a poor side. It can happen.

I'm saying, this year, IMO we haven't been good enough or consistent enough, as a team or individually, to merit it. There is however a helluva lot left to play for this season, and it may well be that we can review this at the appropriate time, I.e. after lifting the Scottish Cup!

I think the players should pay for a dinner for 500 random season book holders to attend and celebrate the fans contribution.

Agreed, especially if it's me that gets it:)....................the fans have been the POTY