Scotland losing against Slovenia would be for the greater good...

...and it's the least the SFA deserve - Gordon Parks

Our man reckons the governing body has been negligent by allowing Gordon Strachan to stay in his post and the dream of World Cup success is already dead.

Is it high treason to hope for a Slovenia win over Scotland tonight?

Surely backing against your own country for the greater good isn’t criminal disloyalty if it’s a cry for change.

But this is a World Cup qualifier like no other. It’s an amnesty international, with pardons available for the growing number who hope we don’t pick up a point.

Make no mistake. There’s mutiny afoot, with some of the Tartan Army hoping that defeat for Gordon Strachan will become a mercy killing for his reign as national boss.

What a predicament eh? The other scenario is just as unbearable.

If in the unlikely event that Slovenia join Gibraltar and Malta as the only scalps Scotland have taken in competitive matches over the last two and a half years, then the pain will be prolonged.

Delusional statements of staging a Group F revival will be dragged out until England arrive in June and complete the execution. Talk about killing time.

Hoping for Scotland to fail shouldn’t sit well with anyone – but there is a bigger act of betrayal afoot. The SFA’s failure to act after Scotland’s 3-0 defeat at Wembley back in November, and indulging

Strachan’s belief that qualification is still a reality, should have led to demands for Stewart Regan to resign. The chief executive has shown scant regard for the public mood – a trademark of his time in office.

The Englishman’s an exhibit in waiting at the Hampden Football Museum as the man they couldn’t hang.

The sycophantic backing chorus of SFA blazers like president Alan McRae and his accomplice Rod Petrie are also two expense accounts that can be sacrificed when there’s an appetite for revolt.

Strachan’s a good guy, a hero of mine but Kenny Dalglish’s statement that nobody could have done a better job is a defence without a right foot.

Scott Brown’s gone a step further by calling his boss “the wee man” and praising his witty banter – proof if it was needed that the game is up.

We need to bring a degree of realism and focus back to the role of Scotland manager.

We must stop this outpouring of gratitude to have a guy in place who’s been an unmitigated failure.

The lack of accountability at the SFA is also an art form in airbrushing history.

Remember Scotland missing out on Euro 2016 after defeats by Georgia? It was the same old rubbish being spouted as we finished fourth.

It’s one dismal display after another.The bullet was loaded into our World Cup campaign before we lost in London.

The facts are Slovenia are on a run that has them unbeaten in seven games.

They will arrive in Mount Florida and do what Lithuania did by displaying technical superiority. Let’s not even talk about Slovakia.

The truth is the life support for Strachan’s time in charge ended against England. What we now have is football’s version of managerial CPR and it’s time to call it quits.

Not even a win tonight would be enough to shock this campaign into a flicker of life.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-losing-against-slovenia-would-10097803

Have no problem with that article as I have no interest in Scotland's national team,having once been a bad loser in their defeats.

Until the Green Eyed monster has gone I will remain the same but wonder if a future replacement will do any better in a "poison chaliced" job.

Also we need to get rid off the top of the pile at Hampden and replace him with someone who can be respected.

Anyone seen the team ?

6 Celtic players in it, Wallace dumped from the squad. Griffiths and Snodgrass over Naismith, Robertson (a left back) playing at right back as there are no RB's in the squad - and Mulgrew :shock:

There's a reason I have zero interest in Scotland national team these days.

Anyone seen the team ?

6 Celtic players in it, Wallace dumped from the squad. Griffiths and Snodgrass over Naismith, Robertson (a left back) playing at right back as there are no RB's in the squad - and Mulgrew :shock:

There's a reason I have zero interest in Scotland national team these days.

Wallace was always going to be left out!, it is Tierney @ RB, 6 C****c players & 1 ex player.................

Edited by ian1964

Me again I know I am being really negative towards our national team but having been at so many unforgettable games in the past(especially John Greig goal v Italy) it s so depressing to be like I am today towards Scotland.

Let's hope like Rangers things will start to get better when we get rid of the little monster.

A sight of how things have deteriorated was the sight of mhanks wearing clowns .

I've watched this match in European games at Ibrox umpteen times during the late 60's the 70's and so on.

The opposition will get a free kick or a corner 3 or 4 minutes from time and score.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Scotland, despite playing world football of the Maryhill Stanklifters deserve a win.

That would only be preserving the agony though.

Strachan and his under achieving squad of fannies should have been shown the door a couple of games ago.

When you have a half empty Hampden the story has already been written.