International break - depressing

This has to be Strachans last chance. Anything other than 3 points should mean he moves aside and lets someone else come in and take over the rest of the campaign to get his ideas across for the following campaign.

If we can only draw with Lithuania and Canada then Slovenia must be favourites. They arent a bad side. Population of 2 million and only been a national team on their own for less than 2 decades yet will out play Scotland.

Rep Ireland v Wales tonight is a big game but as both cant lose I hope its 0-0.

No other match ups of interest, its pretty much a round of big boys v minnows. You know international football has slipped when France and Holland / Italy and Spain / England and Scotland / Rep Ireland and Wales were all drawn in the same groups but it isnt appealing. Bring it back to midweek Wed night fixtures rather than split over 3 days with silly kick off times. Im not for seedings in club football but for qualifiying groups the likes of San Marino and Andorra should have to play pre-qualifiers like the Europa.

I think I will go on a 3 day bender so its over and we get back to talking real football :D:drink:

Edited by Gribz

An up coming Scottish boxer Josh Taylor is fighting tonight at Meadowbank Stadium, that is all I am looking forward to this weekend!

Taylor fight is on Spike TV (channel 160 on sky) from 8pm

joshtaylorfightmeadowbankmarch2017_orig.jpg

Edited by ian1964

This has to be Strachans last chance. Anything other than 3 points should mean he moves aside and lets someone else come in and take over the rest of the campaign to get his ideas across for the following campaign.

If we can only draw with Lithuania and Canada then Slovenia must be favourites. They arent a bad side. Population of 2 million and only been a national team on their own for less than 2 decades yet will out play Scotland.

Rep Ireland v Wales tonight is a big game but as both cant lose I hope its 0-0.

No other match ups of interest, its pretty much a round of big boys v minnows. You know international football has slipped when France and Holland / Italy and Spain / England and Scotland / Rep Ireland and Wales were all drawn in the same groups but it isnt appealing. Bring it back to midweek Wed night fixtures rather than split over 3 days with silly kick off times. Im not for seedings in club football but for qualifiying groups the likes of San Marino and Andorra should have to play pre-qualifiers like the Europa.

I think I will go on a 3 day bender so its over and we get back to talking real football :D:drink:

Strachan's last chance? Tbh I think our squad is so bad and there's such a lack of decent Scottish managers that the SFA just see no point sacking him. We should be looking at another manager but until we can start bringing through a few decent Premier League level players like we used to we're not going anywhere fast.

I've lost all interest in our national side. We need to do our bit and start producing some homegrown talent that can be used.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Awful injury for Coleman though

Yeah broken leg. It was strange the TV didnt show any replays during the live match. Then we saw him receiving gas / oxygen and then while he was being carried off he looked ok and his head was up - must have been in shock and out of it.