International break - depressing

The international breaks come and go during Sept - Nov but I forgot there is one in march also which for me is a pain as this is the business end of the season.

As such Im going to book a holiday this week and go away for a few days.

I cant get excited about international games at all. There is a set of friendlies this week - what on earth for!!!

The international breaks come and go during Sept - Nov but I forgot there is one in march also which for me is a pain as this is the business end of the season.

As such Im going to book a holiday this week and go away for a few days.

I cant get excited about international games at all. There is a set of friendlies this week - what on earth for!!!

I suppose if your the Scotland manager you would be happy for the get together. I wish personally we would go back to the wednesday Internationals as you say international weekend is an unwelcome pain.

Irritates me that this interruption comes when we appear to be building a head of steam. Though on the other hand I suppose it may be useful for the new manager to get his philosophy into their heads plus have a couple of weeks watching them in training to see who gets it and who doesn't.

It being 2016, it is de rigeur to take the positives out of everything. Therefore

- Pedro C. will have most of the players on the training ground, and in the analytics suite, for 10 days or so, which must be a Good Thing, for him, if not necessarily for them

-defeat by Slovenia will mean, surely, that the Coach/Manager of the National XI, along with his assistants, will be bagged, which must be a Good Thing, if not necessarily for them

Generally, I concede, the International Week is a right pain in the arse, particularly when the Association shoehorns a "Challenge Match" ( a Friendly, to thee and me, and thus worthless in terms of entertainment) into the schedule. This week, Scotland v Canada @Easter Road is the morsel dangled before the paying public. I believe that even the Tablecloths and Timberlands are employing the body swerve for this, inelegantly, maybe, but instructively.

Edited by Uilleam

I suppose if your the Scotland manager you would be happy for the get together. I wish personally we would go back to the wednesday Internationals as you say international weekend is an unwelcome pain.

At Rangers right now the international break is actually the opposite - it is welcomed as it gives Pedro two weeks with no games with his players, particularly as we only have Wallace on international duty.

But, on the whole, I agree - I just cant get excited about international fixtures any longer.

There are positives but a negative is that it comes just as we have hit arguably the most impressive and consistent patch of an uninspiring season littered with inconsistency and lack of goals. Now just as we sandwich hitting 10 goals past Hamilton on either side of a visit to the piggery where we took a draw that could have been a win with a little luck we're halted for this irrelevance.

"It being 2016, it is de rigeur to take the positives out of everything."

It used to be, but times have changed, Uilleam.

Frankly, the last few months have been an interlude of Tactical Periodisation, but, clearly, one in which I missed the essential transition, or Ne'erDay, as it is known in the trade.