Ross Wilson turns down Ibrox move

I'd think Wilson has leaked this because he's found out that he isn't being offered the role. It's a good way for him to save face with Southampton. I'm hoping they've offered it to Mitchell, who seems to be the best candidate. The only things you'd have to doubt is if he's willing to take a cut in salary and prestige (sorry to say that) in coming to the SPL.

]I'd think Wilson has leaked this because he's found out that he isn't being offered the role.[/b] It's a good way for him to save face with Southampton. I'm hoping they've offered it to Mitchell' date=' who seems to be the best candidate. The only things you'd have to doubt is if he's willing to take a cut in salary and prestige (sorry to say that) in coming to the SPL.[/quote']

If only that were true mate , think that would be spinning of labouresque standards

On a sidenote ... while I think it is a good model to pursue, not getting Wilson or Mitchell right now should not be deemed a failure (as it will sure be presented by the mhedia). We "survived" without an DoF before and will survive a little longer too.

On a sidenote ... while I think it is a good model to pursue, not getting Wilson or Mitchell right now should not be deemed a failure (as it will sure be presented by the mhedia). We "survived" without an DoF before and will survive a little longer too.

On the contrary it would leave the Managing Director looking rather foolish.

If we've offered them the role and they've knocked it back.It should be regarded as a failure.

If we've offered them the role and they've knocked it back.It should be regarded as a failure.

I'd rather have the "failure" after trying to land someone like Mitchell or Wilson, rather than the "success" of having someone like McLeish accept the role of DoF. But you're right that it'll be so disappointing if this was their man.

Am I dreaming to think that their main target could be Mitchell though? He is the best candidate and I'm clinging on to the hope that we either attracted him with the history of our club, or blackmailed him. Either way, as long as we got him. Just to get Mitchell for a year would help set us up the way we need to be for scouting of players and staff. He's well known and respected for his ability to set this infrastructure up.

The main appointment though is the head coach so I'm hoping that deal is announced soon.

I'd think Wilson has leaked this because he's found out that he isn't being offered the role. It's a good way for him to save face with Southampton. I'm hoping they've offered it to Mitchell, who seems to be the best candidate. The only things you'd have to doubt is if he's willing to take a cut in salary and prestige (sorry to say that) in coming to the SPL.

On the contrary, i think he's been offered it but Southampton have counter-offered so he's staying put. Hopefully, Mitchell still fancies it or we're going to look bloody silly. New species have evolved in the time it's taken us to get this far. To emerge from such a drawn out process without an appointment would just add to the increasing air of haplessness that seems to have surrounded the club for the last six months.