DAVIE COOPER, Rangers’ late, great winger was born on this day in history.

Just a year or two to young to see Cooper. Remember him well but was only around 6 or 7 when he was playing towards his last years.

Remember him scoring a penalty for scotland - one of my first footballing memories and scoring another spot kick against Celtic.

Ruud Guillt says he is one the best players he has ever seen.

But best story I heard about Cooper was he took the subway to training a lot and didnt bother with any fancy stuff.

Just a year or two to young to see Cooper. Remember him well but was only around 6 or 7 when he was playing towards his last years.

Remember him scoring a penalty for scotland - one of my first footballing memories and scoring another spot kick against Celtic.

Ruud Guillt says he is one the best players he has ever seen.

But best story I heard about Cooper was he took the subway to training a lot and didnt bother with any fancy stuff.

Davie Cooper was one of those guys you couldn't take out of his home town. Derek Johnstone once said of him that after matches on a Saturday afternoon everybody would be planning to get dressed up and go out on the town in Glasgow that night but his exact words were that "all Davie ever wanted to do was get back to Hamilton"

Souness also commented that Davie could easily have gone to Italy and been a multi millionaire several times over but that never happened because of the same thing. Italy is too far from Hamilton. Incidentally he took the train or got lifts because to my knowledge Davie never learned how to drive.