Scott Brown Will review his international place 'game by game'.

Scott Brown makes himself available for Scotland duty

The Celtic midfielder will review his international place 'game by game'.

Scott Brown has confirmed he will be available for Scotland's World Cup qualifier against Slovenia.

The Celtic midfielder retired from international duty in the summer of 2016 but answered Gordon Strachan's call for the qualifier against England at Wembley in November.

Brown took the decision to retire in order to concentrate on Celtic but it was unclear if his return was a one-off or on a longer basis.

He has now said he will be available for the international friendly with Canada at Hampden on March 22 and the qualifier against Slovenia four days later.

The 31-year old, who has 51 international caps, said he will review his availability on a game by game basis.He said: "Me and Gordon spoke and we will take it from there.

It is up to him whether he chooses me or not. "I enjoyed the last game even though we got beat 3-0. I am proud to play for my country, I enjoy it and I thought against England we did quite well. The last 20 minutes were always going to be hard but we created chances and could easily have scored goals but it just wasn't our day. "I have managed to maintain a standard of training and playing at a good level in the last couple of weeks and I don't want my form to dip due to me going away with Scotland. "But this is huge for me. If I can continue my form until the end of the season it is not too bad a shout but if not, we know what will need to happen.

Brown faces the prospect of a reduced summer break if he remains available for June's qualifier against England and the midfielder says he'll monitor his form until the end of the campaign before making a final call for the Hampden showdown.

He added: "If I found out this game is too much for me, that will be it, it will be back to square one and back to retirement again.

"I think we are going to take it one game at a time and see how it goes."

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1381581-scott-brown-confirms-he-is-available-for-scotland-duty/?utm_content=buffera0c24&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

What a joke!, chase the chunt.............EMBARRASSING!

According to my 12 yr old (who met him last week at a private training session with Kevin Thomson) he is a really nice guy and I shouldn't be rude when talking about him....

But I agree with Ian :D

Have a word with that son of yours!..................................:), does he know your lad is a Rangers fan?, mind you so was Broon!

Edited by ian1964

Scottish FA chief executive Stewart Regan believes the national side must take three points in their World Cup qualifier against Slovenia on 26 March.

Scotland are on four points after four matches and sit second bottom of qualifying Group F, four points adrift of second-placed Slovenia.

Regan reckons the Scots can qualify for next year's finals in Russia, but only if they beat Slovenia at Hampden."That's really a must-win game for Scotland," Regan told BBC Scotland.

National coach Gordon Strachan has been boosted by the news that Celtic captain Scott Brown will be available against Slovenia.

And Regan added: "We know how important it is to get our campaign back on track. Gordon knows it. The team knows it.

"We came out of the England game [November's 3-0 loss] very disappointed. Gordon was keen to have a friendly match to prepare for the next qualifier and we've set that up with a match at Easter Road on 22 March against Canada."Whilst ever there is an opportunity to qualify for the World Cup, that remains our focus. "We still have a number of matches at home this year - we've got four home games - and we'll be trying to get as many points as we can possibly get, starting with Slovenia here at Hampden."

Scotland kicked off their qualifying campaign with a 5-1 win in Malta and a 1-1 home draw with Lithuania, before back-to-back 3-0 defeats away to Slovakia and England.

Have a word with that son of yours!..................................:), does he know your lad is a Rangers fan?, mind you so was Broon!

I should have a word with him Ian....

Ha, the first thing Kevin Thomson told Brown was that the wee fella is a Bear :D

Of course the reaction to SB discussing putting Scotland second has a different reaction. Maybe my memory is hazy but I seem to remember a tweet about Lee mcCulloch being hung for treason and a certain Stewart Regan "favouriting" that tweet. Another disgraceful story that was swept under the carpet.

Does he really think he is so good that he can pick and choose when he plays and that we'll jump at the chance to add him? I'd chase him. Then again, Chesney is the boss so he'll be able to do what he likes.

If Scotland lose v Slovenia, then surely both Broon and the bauchle will be off . That and ending the agony of another dismal campaign are enough to make one wish for a Balkan victory,

Broon picking and choosing his games is utterly outrageous, particularly for a player who, when playing higher quality opposition than that he encounters in the SPL, disappears like the Cheshire Cat, leaving only the faintest trace of his ridiculous 1000 metre stare, fading ultimately to nothing...............