Gersnet dinner or get-together

In terms of something formal the discussion is here:

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?81786-The-Fifth-(formerly-Semi-Annual)-Official-Gersnet-Dinner&highlight=

I did say at the outset that:

Saturday 1 April v Motherwell (possible, although personally I cannot commit to that date as I expect to be in the US for an old friend's 90th birthday). [This is now confirmed.]

Saturday 15 April v Partick (not suitable for me as it's my birthday)

Round 36 - Saturday 13 May, 2017 (might be moved to the Sunday for TV)

OR

Round 38 - Saturday 20 May & Sunday 21 May, 2017 (most likely the Sunday)

Some other key points from that thread:

Everyone who expressed an opinion on a date was in favour of holding it after the last home game.

Whilst I think it's unlikely that Celtic will be the last game; possible opponents would appear to be Aberdeen, Celtic or Hearts. (As things stand Motherwell and St Johnstone should be the away fixtures.) Again with 3 homes and 2 aways theoretically at least we should finish at home. So I suspect we will be at home to Aberdeen or Hearts on the last day; either of which would be an attractive fixture and it may well be a 12.30pm KO which would allow us to make the "dinner" a late lunch at around 3.00pm.

Whilst we are unlikely to know the fixtures/dates/times with certainty until 15-22 April, planning do far in advance will allow those who are interested to make alternative arrangements.

I am pleased to be able to confirm that The Fifth (formerly Semi-Annual) Official Gersnet Dinner will be held at La Fiorentina Ristorante, 2 Paisley Rd W, Glasgow G51 1LE, following our last home league match which is anticipated to be on the weekend of 13/14 or 20/21 May 2016.

I am still working on that assumption.

If folk no longer want to go ahead as above then please post here because I'll need to cancel the restaurant.

Of course none of the above stops anyone arranging to meet Pete and I'm sorry I'll miss that opportunity; but I won't be trading Waikiki Beach for Ibrox on the 1st of April :hols:

I have no problem with May if I knew the fixture list. I didn't know that things were already booked for a date and i certainly don't want you to change things. If everyone is for 13/14 may then I will book for that week. I will be one disappointed bear if I can't catch a game though. If it is a last game decider it will make it extra special though. I suppose the answer to that is to book to stay for 2 full weekends. If this is cast in stone I will take the chance and book for that weekend.

I really hope Frankie can make it as he threw me a last minute dizzy the last time.:D I have only met Ian, Gazza and one of the Johnnys so it would be nice to meet a few more people. Gribz you get it booked up as well. I will give it a few days to hear from the rest before booking.

Pete, obviously I can't guarantee the fixtures any more than I can guarantee us finishing in the Top 6 but logic dictates that we will be at home one of the last two weekends:

OR

so if you can make your trip include both then you should be covered and there will also be a midweek game as well:

Round 37 - Tuesday 16 May & Wednesday 17 May, 2017

PS: Old age must be affecting your memory. I found this:

1-27-2016, 02:26 PM #29

Posted by pete View Post

I was hoping for a December -February the 4th as I am planning a trip back but I doubt I will make an end of season one.

As Boabie I don't really go for Italian food and love the old curries, but I can understand you want some variation and that would not stop me attending. Not a definite no from me but I would say highly unlikely.

My reply:-

As with the other restaurants, I'm sure that La Fiorentina will be able to accommodate most tastes or you could bring a bratwurst sandwich.

Hope you can make it; with 6 months notice there really is no excuse.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Pete, obviously I can't guarantee the fixtures any more than I can guarantee us finishing in the Top 6 but logic dictates that we will be at home one of the last two weekends:

OR

so if you can make your trip include both then you should be covered and there will also be a midweek game as well:

Round 37 - Tuesday 16 May & Wednesday 17 May, 2017

I have already looked at that and will book if most on here say they can make that date.

• 1 month later...