[FT] Dundee 2 - 1 Rangers (Garner 62)

Who would you want playing in the team next year from the current lot? Hyndman and maybe McKay for me (but the latter only really when we are winning and no stomach is required, though granted he gets battered a lot). That's about it and Hyndman will be gone. Wes is not a safe custodian. None of our so called defenders can defend, with the possible exception of Hodson if he got a run at his own position. I don't think we have any fit midfielders who can play (Hyndman aside) and we've no forwards worth a candle (Miller now being too old.)

I see it as a total rebuild - literally a whole new team.

Since we were illegally and unfairly cast into the bottom league we have wasted chance after chance, year after year to actually use the time to build something.

It's terrifying, tbh. And folk on here are talking about Europe! We are shit in Scotland far less further afield.

The only player I would like to see in a Rangers Jersey next season on this showing was Kerr of Dundee.

Why the negative comments about Murty? He's been hung out to dry by the splitters and has had hardly any time to work with the squad, the same squad that everyone is tearing to pieces.

I'm with those who say we have a decent basis for a squad, but it looks like we need a few strong characters to form the spine - a commanding CH, a CM (or DCM) and string CF. I think there's some decent players who are young enough that they should be able to be improved by a good coach, but I think there's quite a few unremarkable players who need to either step up or be shipped out. I also think there's a few imposters there who should be moved on at the earliest chance.

The whole team seems to lack shape, discipline and even a common understanding of what tactics and game plan they are supposed to be playing - an experienced manager should be able to sort that. It's difficult to judge just how good or bad some of those players are given the state of the team and lack of direction.

Edited by ascender

I can agree with this with the midfield and forwards, but no one in the defence is capable of stepping up, no matter who is beside them.

On a side note Gilks has been playing exceptionally well for Wigan. Playing out his skin yesterday. Another one bombed out by MW!.

You cant especially not knowing who comes in.

Previous examples are barry ferguson craig moore and Stuart munro

mckay if he's used properly

the rest you can free

they are worthless - mentally pathetic that is before you even talk about ability

this is the reaction to playing for their futures?

laughable

get rid and start again

On a side note Gilks has been playing exceptionally well for Wigan. Playing out his skin yesterday. Another one bombed out by MW!.

Gilks looked good for us but wanted regular football, I don't think you can blame MW for that one. I don't think GK is anywhere near the top of the list of things needing sorted out to be honest.