Nil By Mouth survey on Strict Liability

Well this is where I beg to differ with you.

I understand the perception that Celtic have "got away with murder" and that "Every perceived offence committed by us receives wall to wall coverage." but if the rules are not changed then how do you propose to deal with the situation?

Strict liability if applied properly should create a level playing field. I realise you will say that it is open to abuse and that may be so but until it is tried you really don't know. There is no doubt that the current system is broke and needs to be fixed.

What is your solution?

And therein lies the issue. It wont be.

What i think has changed in five years is , the SNP have gained power. Resulting in a legacy of resentment borne of frustration, from them not getting their Independence dream, that resentment materialised in them making bad laws. Whilst hounding football fans general in the OBF act, it was specifically designed to tackle Rangers fans . As a unfortunate byproduct of the law it caught up other fans in it's wide net, so that the very people who complained and campaigned long and hard for laws that would specifically target Rangers fans , now want that law scrapped, because of their unacceptable behaviour became under the microscope in the police eyes.

Any new football legislation, initiatives or ''Strict Liability'' is merely another manoeuvre by the very same people, in their ultimate goal of targeting Rangers fans and only Rangers fans for all the ills in Scottish society. Whilst the real perpetrators of racist behaviour, sectarianism and bigotry go unpunished, simply because they control the law, judiciary, police and media, through the SNP and fellow travellers in high places. We as Rangers fans, unionists, protestants haven't a hope of getting a fair hearing in the Republic of Scotland.

The SNP was the Government in 2012.

And therein lies the issue. It wont be.

I knew that phrase was a hostage to fortune; but honestly Craig, you have no way of knowing that, it is pure conjecture on your part to support your agenda.

And again I would ask if strict liability is not the solution, then how would you fix the ails that you see at present,

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I understand the perception that Celtic have "got away with murder" and that "Every perceived offence committed by us receives wall to wall coverage." but if the rules are not changed then how do you propose to deal with the situation?

Strict liability if applied properly should create a level playing field. I realise you will say that it is open to abuse and that may be so but until it is tried you really don't know. There is no doubt that the current system is broke and needs to be fixed.

What is your solution?

My solution would be to start with the apartheid education system, where they separate children purely on religious grounds.

I knew that phrase was a hostage to fortune; but honestly Craig, you have no way of knowing that, it is pure conjecture on your part to support your agenda.

Much the same way as pretty much everything in this thread that you have posted BH has been nothing but supposition and conjecture too - you laud strict liability as being some kind of silver bullet to ensure a level playing field - but there is absolutely no way of knowing it will - your support of strict liability is nothing but pure conjecture on your part to support your agenda (see what I did there ?)

And again I would ask if strict liability is not the solution, then how would you fix the ails that you see at present,

Sometimes it is actually better the devil you know as the one you don't. I very much fear that strict liability will be used to punish Rangers as severely as possible whilst not being as punitive on others. Call it conjecture - but there has been enough anecdotal evidence over the years to suggest that it is a very real fear.

What we have is a lesser of two evils in my opinion.

Much the same way as pretty much everything in this thread that you have posted BH has been nothing but supposition and conjecture too - you laud strict liability as being some kind of silver bullet to ensure a level playing field - but there is absolutely no way of knowing it will - your support of strict liability is nothing but pure conjecture on your part to support your agenda (see what I did there ?)

Sometimes it is actually better the devil you know as the one you don't. I very much fear that strict liability will be used to punish Rangers as severely as possible whilst not being as punitive on others. Call it conjecture - but there has been enough anecdotal evidence over the years to suggest that it is a very real fear.

What we have is a lesser of two evils in my opinion.

I think that's a good point to agree to disagree.

My solution would be to start with the apartheid education system, where they separate children purely on religious grounds.

I would completely agree with that; but it would take generations to make a real difference, the football problem exists here and now and requires an urgent solution.

What is your solution?

I think we all know what "should create a level playing field. " Unfortunately for us, there is no such thing here any more. Changing the rules to introduce strict liability will lead down one street - Rangers will get fined. Rangers will get stands closed. Rangers will get docked points. These people will not be satisfied until Rangers are no more - shut down completely.

What is your solution?

Complete removal of the pro celtc hierarchy