He plays in the EPL.

From Wikipedia

****** is a versatile, creative and hardworking forward, who is capable of playing in several offensive positions, as a striker, supporting forward, attacking midfielder or as a winger on either flank. His preferred role is on the right, however, where he is capable of curling shots on goal with his stronger left foot. A dynamic player, he possesses pace, positional sense and good technique, which, along with his strength, allows him to play with his back to goal and hold up the ball for teammates. ****** is capable both of creating and scoring goals due to his intelligence and his powerful and accurate shot with his left foot; he is also an accurate set-piece taker.

Don't cheat!

If it didn't specify EPL, I'd have suggested Kriss Boyd ;)

I bet it's someone who was a complete flop for us....

There's no Rangers connection as far as I know. I thought it may be someone connected to Man Utd, but I've now googled it and I wasn't close.

• 2 weeks later...