McLeish at Ibrox

Remember guys to be Manager of our club was at one time the pinnacle for some but in my eyes it is now a poison chalice if all we base it on is stopping the manky mob getting 10 in a row.the main challenge is get us back up among the elite and make us proud again and if we stop the manky mob on the way all the better.

The position has to be attractive to would be applicants.

Remember guys to be Manager of our club was at one time the pinnacle for some but in my eyes it is now a poison chalice if all we base it on is stopping the manky mob getting 10 in a row.the main challenge is get us back up among the elite and make us proud again and if we stop the manky mob on the way all the better.

The position has to be attractive to would be applicants.

The problem I would see if I was an ambitious manager and was being offered the Rangers job is - am I getting money to improve the squad so I can get rid of some of the hopeless driftwood and permanently injured plasticine men currently drawing wages ?

King reckons we've spent £18 million. By that reckoning I'd be looking for another 40.

Couple of points from today

I liked the fact Mcleish gave the impression that he would want the job but at the same time it annoys me he was cute and said he wanted to be offered it first before he would publicly state his desire. I really want a guy who has the guts to just say he wants the job and if offered a decent deal would take it. If your not willing to do interim just say so.

I also liked the fact he seemed generally angry at the state of the defending. Whoever takes over has to have the ability to knock heads together back there.

All in got to say I would be happy with Mcleish as interim boss but that's it. I want a more progressive candidate who will knock my socks off. Whether that's just a pipe dream time will tell I suppose.

There's not really anything in it.

Really ? McCoist couldn't win the Championship. Eck won the SPL with his OWN team even when Celtic were spending as much as we were.

You should probably revise your opinion.

I suppose it is alright for the old boys,when wingers were wingers,full backs could defend(including centre backs),forwards could score aye they were the days:rolleyes:

Then came substitutes,thank goodness(get that a******e aff),on came a replacement without having spent ten minutes looking at bits of paper.

In the words of the old Mary Hopkins song(who) "Those were the Days",sorry guys was dreaming wasn't I???

Really ? McCoist couldn't win the Championship. Eck won the SPL with his OWN team even when Celtic were spending as much as we were.

You should probably revise your opinion.

I'd welcome McLeish back on an interim basis til the end of the season. It's ten years since he left & I'd like to think the manager we would be getting back would be more knowledgeable & wiser than the one that left ten years ago. And with lots more contacts in the game because he's going to need them

As for his record since he left ? AFAIK he won 7 out of 10 as Scotland manager. 70 percent win rate?

Did ok at Birmingham & won them a trophy.

Foolishly went to Villa where Randy Lerner was constantly trying to sell.

Didn't last long at Forest & has managed Genk for a season and some Egyptian club