BDO sue Duff & Phelps

Oh good - more cryptic moonbeams from ITK posters :popcorn:

That was a response to an enigmatic reference by Mr. Forlanssister.

The news of BDO's pursuit of Nanker & Phelge was not the piece of "good news" to which he had referred in an earlier post.

I am not "itk"; if I was, you would be the first to hear the story.

The first thing that would need to happen before anyone would even consider bringing Oldco out of Administration is win the Big Tax Case. Before that no other scenario's can even be looked at.

The first thing that would need to happen before anyone would even consider bringing Oldco out of Administration is win the Big Tax Case. Before that no other scenario's can even be looked at.

It's not in administration.it's in a liquidation process

If BDO are successful with his, added to the CB money that's over £50m in oldco accounts.

If HMRC lose EBT case could oldco liquidation get reveresed ?

And who would own oldco if Whyte is convicted of fraud? MIH doesn't exist anymore so who? Who would get MIH's 83p.c shareholding?

Even if Whyte was convicted of fraud and MIH still existed, the shares in the club would not revert to MIH.

who's got the shares MIH used to have?

Whyte bought them. MIH didn't suffer from any fraud that Whyte may or may not have committed and there would be no reason for MIH to get back the shares. that transaction would not get reversed.

I don't know much about liquidation but my guess would be that either the shares revert to Whyte or that the liquidator would have the power to dispose of them to the highest bidder, but I may be totally wrong in that.

Whyte bought them. MIH didn't suffer from any fraud that Whyte may or may not have committed and there would be no reason for MIH to get back the shares. that transaction would not get reversed.

I don't know much about liquidation but my guess would be that either the shares revert to Whyte or that the liquidator would have the power to dispose of them to the highest bidder, but I may be totally wrong in that.

I thought Green bought the shares from Whyte for £2

I thought Green bought the shares from Whyte for £2

Did that actually happen? I recall Green saying something about it being agreed, but not sure if that transaction actually happened, and if so, did it go to Green personally?

Can shares be sold when a company is in liquidation?