Ralston in the Record: MW on borrowed time

That's not so. I dislike Ashley as much as the next person - but the reason we are in the shape we are in is because of the people that sold the crown jewels to Ashley for a pittance, not Ashley himself. Had Green and his cohorts not brought Ashley in then Ashley wouldn't have his claws into everything.

Despise Ashley with gusto, but don't put ALL the blame onto him - indeed, I would argue that GreenCo deserve far more ire than Ashley - they squandered (read between the lines) many tens of millions of pounds through the IPO, commercial retail deals that were in the best interests of anyone other than the Club, they gave Ally a ridiculous salary, they spent nothing on the infrastructure, they paid themselves ludicrous promotion bonuses which were harder to NOT obtain that to obtain as well as a number of other things which have resulted in us being where we are.

Ashley may be a PART of the reason we are where we are - but I find it strange that we vent our spleen at Ashley when the man who actually signed that retail deal on behalf of Rangers was Charles Green, someone who seems to have largely been ignored when the venom comes out.

Wasn't Ashley in it from the very beginning? That's the impression I got.

Seems strange if the Board are giving stories to the media (KJ), for the same media to be less than complemetery about the Board.

There is either a split in the Board with one side feeding stories against the other, or they are coming from someone close to the Manager.

There is a split on the board. It also includes potential replacements (should they be required?).

There is a split on the board. It also includes potential replacements (should they be required?).

If this is the case, and Board members are using the pages of a tabloid the slant of which is antithetical to the Club, over which

the fhilth has some significant financial influence, which is stiff, from top downwards, with Rangers haters, and are pee-heeing with its rent bhoys, to

destabilise the very Board of which they are members, and by extension, the entire Club,

then they do not deserve to be members of that Board.

What, in such circumstances, they deserve is to be horsewhipped from Shieldhall to Shettleston, nothing more; nothing less.

Rangers, after all, is not a fucking ego trip. We have seen enough of that in the past.

If this is the case, and Board members are using the pages of a tabloid the slant of which is antithetical to the Club, over which

the fhilth has some significant financial influence, which is stiff, from top downwards, with Rangers haters, and are pee-heeing with its rent bhoys, to

destabilise the very Board of which they are members, and by extension, the entire Club,

then they do not deserve to be members of that Board.

What, in such circumstances, they deserve is to be horsewhipped from Shieldhall to Shettleston, nothing more; nothing less.

Rangers, after all, is not a fucking ego trip. We have seen enough of that in the past.

Superb post - bravo sir!

I don't think there needs to be a the dreaded vote of confidence from the board but some sort of indication about progress and investment would be good.

I don't think anyone should be panicking over one or two bad results but the general pattern has been poor and if the club want to ensure another 40K season tickets next season then they'd be well advised to stop the nudging and winking in the media, engage properly with Club1872 and open up a mature debate on our ambitions.

I don't think there needs to be a the dreaded vote of confidence from the board but some sort of indication about progress and investment would be good.

I don't think anyone should be panicking over one or two bad results but the general pattern has been poor and if the club want to ensure another 40K season tickets next season then they'd be well advised to stop the nudging and winking in the media, engage properly with Club1872 and open up a mature debate on our ambitions.

Unfortunately we are not talking about one or two bad results if we are being honest then we have actually only had a few good results since beating Celtic in last seasons SC final.

Hearts and Aberdeen at Ibrox were about the only two really good games.

The board coming out and stating there will be £XXm available to spend in the summer is NOT a good thing IMHO.

If other clubs know we have a certain amount of funds, they will make full use of that knowledge and bump up player valuations.

As long as the manager knows that funds are available, that's all that matters.