Can i Look Yet? Rangers v Ross County Preview

People can come up with whatever excuses they want, but we're behind Aberdeen in the league, they have a game in hand, and we're likely about to go 27 points behind Celtic. That's just absolutely appalling and the manager's position is now untenable.

Ok who do we replace him with, taking into account we have no money to buy another team?

Rbr's post earlier is spot on that its still very early days in this recovery. To pull the rug at the moment would be a set back. But I do share concerns with MW tactics recently. If he doesnt get second place then his position has to be looked at.

If I was Joe Dodoo id be asking a lot of questions. He scored two cracking goals at Partick then only got 1 chance after that. Yet his main gripe should be how can Garner get a start ahead of him after being out for weeks.

Was delighted to see Kiernan & Halliday dropped, but then utterly amazed to see the one midfielder who naturally wants to get into the box to shoot stuck inside his own half for the first hour of the game.

Surprised Garner came straight back into the starting side, but not surprised it was Waghorn, our top scorer, who was dropped again instead of the ever-present but rarely scoring Miller, who continues to be teachers pet.

This 4-3-3 formation doesn't suit the players at our disposal (who the manager bought) but MW stubbornly refuses to try the one formation that it looks like would suit our players more, a 4-4-2 with a twin strike force and a 4 man midfield.

I have asked the bears on my bus a few times since Tynecastle first time around if it looks to them that the dressing room are not on the same wavelength as the manager, and have mixed responses. In the 30 plus years I have been follow following home and away I have seen a few Rangers sides where the manager has lost the dressing room and the players are under-achieving and capable of better but seem to have lost their belief in the manager. I've seen it happen to Advocaat, McLeish, McCoist, and there are lots of similarities between those times and this.

I hope it's not the case as MW is rebuilding the club really well OFF the park, and looks like an ideal DofF, but clearly is struggling to get his visions across to the players, all bar 3 of which he signed. We should remain patient and stick with MW, however should we be knocked out the cup next weekend it will be all over and I can't see how he would survive that. Similarly if we lose heavily at Pittodrie or the piggery the shouts for his head will increase to a point where the board may get twitchy to deflect away from them.

Was delighted to see Kiernan & Halliday dropped, but then utterly amazed to see the one midfielder who naturally wants to get into the box to shoot stuck inside his own half for the first hour of the game.

Surprised Garner came straight back into the starting side, but not surprised it was Waghorn, our top scorer, who was dropped again instead of the ever-present but rarely scoring Miller, who continues to be teachers pet.

This 4-3-3 formation doesn't suit the players at our disposal (who the manager bought) but MW stubbornly refuses to try the one formation that it looks like would suit our players more, a 4-4-2 with a twin strike force and a 4 man midfield.

I have asked the bears on my bus a few times since Tynecastle first time around if it looks to them that the dressing room are not on the same wavelength as the manager, and have mixed responses. In the 30 plus years I have been follow following home and away I have seen a few Rangers sides where the manager has lost the dressing room and the players are under-achieving and capable of better but seem to have lost their belief in the manager. I've seen it happen to Advocaat, McLeish, McCoist, and there are lots of similarities between those times and this.

I hope it's not the case as MW is rebuilding the club really well OFF the park, and looks like an ideal DofF, but clearly is struggling to get his visions across to the players, all bar 3 of which he signed. We should remain patient and stick with MW, however should we be knocked out the cup next weekend it will be all over and I can't see how he would survive that. Similarly if we lose heavily at Pittodrie or the piggery the shouts for his head will increase to a point where the board may get twitchy to deflect away from them.

Kiernan and Halliday were well overdue being dropped.

Garner isn't the answer but neither is Waghorn who is fast becoming a waste of a clean jersey.

Being on the same wavelength point TB - I don't think less than half of them even know what he's on about.

I'm fast approaching the view that, for whatever reason, we've signed a squad of dumplings.

That display today was a disgrace.

Rbr's post earlier is spot on that its still very early days in this recovery. To pull the rug at the moment would be a set back. But I do share concerns with MW tactics recently. If he doesnt get second place then his position has to be looked at.

If I was Joe Dodoo id be asking a lot of questions. He scored two cracking goals at Partick then only got 1 chance after that. Yet his main gripe should be how can Garner get a start ahead of him after being out for weeks.

I'm more concerned as to why Kenny Miller gets in the starting XI every week more than anyone.

Senderos had more attempts on goal today than Miller

Ok who do we replace him with, taking into account we have no money to buy another team?

Mate...the Ibrox crowd is getting smaller and smaller as each game passes. People invested heavily in Rangers this season expecting big things, ...7 months on and more and more don't bother even attending after coughing up their hard earned cash...the amount of empty seats is a gauge on the product being served up...folk won't buy into it next season like they did this season. I'm sure the board must be very aware of this.

If we don't have money now, we'll have much less next season as ST sales will take a big hit. Europe is a must - but it won't sell tickets next season.

Bad result, but yet again another game we could/should have won with the amount of chances we had, our biggest problem is not taking chances.

Spot on. The simple truth is we're nowhere near good enough up front. There were plenty decent deliveries into the box but no takers as usual.

That said the forward positions need looked at. Garner is toiling & for the life of me I cannot see the board agreeing to a new deal for 37 year old kenny miller who has just 6 league goals this season.And Waghorn has always seemed to me to be more of a wide player rather than a central striker/forward.

At the end of the season here's no doubt in my mind we'll try to move Garner out to avoid outstanding payments on his transfer.The big question is who to bring in.

I got slaughtered on here at the start of he season for suggesting we go for Jason Cummings. I genuinely believe had we gone for him( and hibz were prepared to sell) he'd be well into double figures in the league by now.He signed a new contract with hibz in the summer but I'd be amazed if there weren't get-out clauses in it. He is one of the options I still believe we should be considering

Edited by RANGERRAB

Kenny Miller is the only true goal scorer we have according to Warburton so he can't afford to drop him, but at 37 years of age he can't be expected to be prolific in every game. He never was prolific to start with throughout his career anyway.

I'd like for MW to give Dodoo a run up front (other posters have indicated this too) as he looks the type of player who could develop in the role. Garner hasn't 'clicked' if we are brutally honest, Waggy, we already know really isn't the answer and Miller with his old head and experience could teach JD a trick or 2 in his development. Bit of a waste that he sits on the bench watching what we are watching.

Kenny Miller is the only true goal scorer we have according to Warburton so he can't afford to drop him, but at 37 years of age he can't be expected to be prolific in every game. He never was prolific to start with throughout his career anyway.

I'd like for MW to give Dodoo a run up front (other posters have indicated this too) as he looks the type of player who could develop in the role. Garner hasn't 'clicked' if we are brutally honest, Waggy, we already know really isn't the answer and Miller with his old head and experience could teach JD a trick or 2 in his development. Bit of a waste that he sits on the bench watching what we are watching.

Miller needs to go. 6 league goals so far is not good enough. He is not a true goal scorer & his record since he returned in summer 2014 is not great.