Scottish Cup fifth round TV selections confirmed

THE dates and times of the Scottish Cup games picked for live television coverage have been confirmed by the Scottish FA.

Ties will take place over the weekend of 11/12 February, with Celtic and Rangers' games both selected for broadcast along with the Edinburgh Derby.

Brendan Rodgers' Hoops will kick off the last 16 with a 12.15pm kick-off against Inverness Caledonian Thistle on Saturday 11 February, *live on BBC Scotland.

The highly anticipated clash between Hearts and Hibernian at Tynecastle will take place on Sunday 12 February at 12.30pm live on Sky Sports, before the same channel shows the Ibrox meeting between Rangers and Greenock Morton at 3pm.

Scottish Cup fifth round draw

Saturday 11 February

Dunfermline Athletic v. Hamilton Academical

St. Johnstone v. Partick Thistle

Ayr United v. Stirling Albion or Clyde*

East Fife v. St Mirren

Ross County v. Aberdeen

Celtic v. Inverness Caledonian Thistle*

Rangers v. Greenock Morton

*Fourth round replay to be played on Tuesday 31 January at 7.45pm

Sunday 12 February

Heart of Midlothian v. Hibernian

Rangers v. Greenock Morton

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15052793.Scottish_Cup_fifth_round_TV_selections_confirmed_featuring_Celtic__Rangers_and_the_Edinburgh_Derby/

I was reading the draw about an hour ago before Ian posted this...I said one game either from Ibrox or Parkhead will get moved for TV as they cant play in Glasgow at the same time - as usual its the only show in town that rescues the TV.

Another reduced crowd no doubt you wonder if telly money is enough to compensate.

I don't really know why a Sunday at 3pm should reduce the crowd. A SC game against Morton will never get a capacity crowd even on a Saturday at 3pm. I would not think more than 30.000 will come anyway or +\- that number no matter when it is held.

I was not getting at game being on a Sunday but the fact that it is on TV which may put fans off buying tickets.If for instance the crowd might have been 5-10,000 more my question is would the TV money be enough to cover the loss in revenue.