[FT] Motherwell 0 - 2 Rangers (Miller 72; Hyndman 87)

I agree with this. However, the rules of the game are the rules of the game. All 3 were reds, in my opinion. MOH's wasn't vindictive, but he caught they guy very high on the thigh with foot outstretched - not studs showing but still outstretched and very high. Deserved red.

Kiernan's and McDonald's were very similar, again in my opinion - they were almost identical challenges - whilst I thought that Collum had a decent game I think he got Kiernan's wrong, should have seen red.

What was very disappointing was just how many of the Motherwell players hounded Collum into sending MOH off - there must have been 6 or 7 crowding the ref. Did we do likewise with McDonald's ? I missed that one at the time and only saw replays of the challenge.

Yes we did, but it mainly came from our bench who reacted angrily, not really from our players on the pitch. However Motherwell were at that tactic all day, where we had a couple of bad tackles against our players that we didn't "bring to the refs attention"!

Didn't get a good look at Kiernans as guy in row in front chose that moment to stand up and block my view, would be surprised at Collum if it was even close to being a red card and he didn't give it though. Although when you think about it, our opponents won't want Kiernan to be suspended as he is always worth a good chance or two, so perhaps Collum was playing the long game!

I have stated this before, but it's worth stating again.

Both smoke bombs and flares are initiated by a detonator. The minimum safety distance for detonation of either on a military range/training area is 30 metres.

Thus, detonation on a football pitch, track side, and/or a stand is unsafe. Forget the Offensive Behaviour at Football and instigate the Explosive Behaviour at Football. Time to get draconian before we end up with fatalities.

A cameraman at the Bayer Leverkusen vs Borussia Munchengladbach game ended up in hospital today..... because of Pyrotechnics.

Time for people to GROW UP. These things add NOTHING positive to any game.

That pyro stuff by the wee scumbags masquerading as Rangers Ultras fans has to stop. We must try to do more to catch and life ban any idiot who uses this crap at our games.

It seems to be more of an away game thing, especially at grounds where CCTV is not as good. Union Bears should do more to condemn this action, which is done in their name whether they like it or not and whether the offenders are members of UB or not. I might have missed it, but I don't seem to have ever seen a strong statement against pyro coming from them.

The way to possibly solving it could be by having security mingling with the crowd(in civies) and hopefully be able to point out the culprits especially at away games and in or near the Union bears who are the ones most likely to be guilty.

I know that away games are supposed to be a ballot but it is strange to me that this mob always seem to be seated together.

You should try watching it on a 65 inch screen :ninja: - Best purchase I have made in a long time :D

I totally agree with you and would have bought bigger if my room dimensions had permitted. All we need now is the TV companies to start sending out in super HD for even better results.

Warburton said:"I thought Scott's was a bad one, that was my initial reaction. But I haven't seen it again yet so it wouldn't be right to comment on it. My first reaction was a bad tackle but I am never going to call for a player to be sent off. I'd like to see it again."

McGhee had an opposing view of the incident but refused to criticise Collum.

He said: "The ball gets away from him but he toes it away. His foot's on the ground, it's not a sending-off.

Disabled Motherwell fan hits out at Rangers fans smoke bomb

A disabled football fan has hit out at the use of pyrotechnics after being caught up in a "terrifying" experience during the match at Fir Park between Motherwell and Rangers.

And Sharon McCaskie has now warned of potentially 'devastating consequences' if fans don't heed police warnings to stop using flares and smoke bombs.

In the latest incident a smokebomb was launched on to the trackside as Kenny Miller celebrated his opening goal for Mark Warburton’s side.

The firework almost hit photographer Craig Williamson and also landed near disabled supporters.

Well fan Sharon had to be be rushed to hospital last year when her own fans set off a flare against Hamilton during a Scottish Cup tie and she was again caught up in a pyrotechnics flashpoint today.

Flares and smoke bombs adversely affect her breathing and Sharon said last year's traumatic ordeal could have led to her suffering a heart attack had she not sought immediate medical attention.

Sharon was again a victim of the smokebomb morons today, with the culprit coming from the visiting fans' end of the ground this time.

The 47-year-old said: "It was a terrifying experience and I could not breathe. For this to keep happening is a real worry.

"Fans letting off fireworks doesn't add to the atmosphere – it's dangerous and it could have devastating consequences."

Darren McPhee, 35, who is the chair of the Motherwell Supporters’ Club, has severe asthma and was also affected by the fireworks at Fir Park.

Lat year the Sunday Mail reported how hooligans are risking fans’ lives with flares which are powerful enough to melt steel.

In tests the flares, burning at 3000C, melted a football top in just seconds.

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service chief Robert Scott warned fans of the dangers of pyrotechnics.

He said: “The abuse of pyrotechnics at football stadia and other large scale public venues is simply deplorable.

A smokebomb lands next to a photgrapher at Fir Park

“A flare can inflict life-threatening injuries on innocent fans who just want to enjoy a game of football.

“Smoke grenades are also dangerous as they can emit toxic substances which can cause traumatic respiratory difficulty.

"This has to be taken seriously and we would urge the majority of law-abiding football fans to support our police partners in stamping out this reckless behaviour".

Virtually the same story in the Sun and Record under two different bylines with the Record's version baring the real author. Ironically enough he was there to get an insight of what it's like for an away disabled fan in Scottish football,so thanks a f*&king lot to the idiotic selfish morons for spectacularly scoring an own goal again.

There's little doubt that that story reads a lot worse than the actuality of what occurred, I was in the disabled section at the away end and was closer to the flare than the home supporters and if anything it was a lot milder than the flares have been on previous occasions, the two photographers it almost hit (one being our own Willie Vass) were the ones in greatest danger. Incidentally the shelter I was in today was a brand new construction which has doubled the capacity for away fans and provides clear lines of sight (albeit at pitch level) and shelter from the elements, Motherwell and their disabled supporters group should be congratulated for that and other clubs should take note. That should have been the story that was in the papers.

These idiots need to be dealt with, a couple of seasons back they let a flare off in the middle of the Rangers wheelchair fans at Airdrie causing distress and difficulties for disabled fans to the extent that several required medical attention and had to leave the game all because some spotty little Stone Island clad ned who's balls hadn't dropped could feel like a big man.

Make no mistake the Club know who they are and it's incredulous that they continually get away with this unhindered.

I am frig'n pissed off with this. McHugh kicked us off the park last week in the cup game. He had about 5 tackles that should have had him booked if not sent off before he was finally yellow carded. Today he played the dying Swan and then got up and jogged away. O'Halloran was just unlucky and not the half of the dirty biscuit McHugh is.

I agree with this. However, the rules of the game are the rules of the game. All 3 were reds, in my opinion. MOH's wasn't vindictive, but he caught they guy very high on the thigh with foot outstretched - not studs showing but still outstretched and very high. Deserved red.

Kiernan's and McDonald's were very similar, again in my opinion - they were almost identical challenges - whilst I thought that Collum had a decent game I think he got Kiernan's wrong, should have seen red.

What was very disappointing was just how many of the Motherwell players hounded Collum into sending MOH off - there must have been 6 or 7 crowding the ref. Did we do likewise with McDonald's ? I missed that one at the time and only saw replays of the challenge.

Kiernan's tackle was never a red card. Collum got it right. Yellow.

Edited by RANGERRAB