Gordon Semple has passed away - FF legend and co-founder of the RST

... perhaps better known to FFers as Number_Eight.

Here is Mark Dingwall's note from FF:

Number_Eight has passed away

Sadly, Number_Eight aka Gordon Semple, has passed away after a year-long struggle with brain cancer. Roughly nine months of improvement were followed by a relapse.

Gordon wrote for the Follow Follow fanzine and this website for many years and along with Colin Glass was - I consider - one of the two founders of the Rangers Supporters Trust. The two of them talked and worked on it and then when there was a Supporters Direct conference in Tynecastle invited me along and thereafter the plans to launch the RST were laid.

Gordon would serve for many years on the RST Board and in parallel kept up a barrage of well-written articles in the fanzine and latterly online. Talking to one of his sons earlier this evening we laughed at the difficulty of moving Gordon’s opinions once he had made his mind up on a topic!

After making his contribution to the RST he still wrote and campaigned - I recall a few lonely protests in the David Murray days when Gordon was one of the few faces who kept up the struggle. He never wavered in doing what he thought best for the club.

He was a devoted family man to his wife and four kids. Well-kent around Bearsden and in the taxi trade. He’ll be sadly missed.

The family will inform us of funeral arrangements as they become available.

Goodbye old pal.

Sleep tight, fellow Bluenose!