[FT] Rangers 2 (Miller 85; 89) - 1 Motherwell

It wasn't a deceptive angle. I saw it from the same angle as the ref, albeit from a higher, but further away position and it was clearly a penalty. It was clear that contact was made.

He just didn't have the balls to award it.

Couldn't agree more. Thomson had as good a view of it as was possible. All the "technical" analysis of that article - which is absolute GUFF by the way - wont ever convince me that Thomson shat it. I don't think he cheated but I do think he bottled it. Scottish football refs are completely under hypnosis right now with anything Rangers - for us to get a decision really needs for someone to act like a goalkeeper on the line and catch the ball and stand there holding it. Celtic have done a great job with their whole "cheating refs" agenda.

The angle wasn't even close to being deceptive. That article is absolute garbage.

I can't remember so much effort ever being put in to justify any team not getting such a blatant penalty before.

Think back a few years to the manks playing at the sheepdome.

Only that time it was to show how the referee got it totally wrong and the penalty should indeed have been awarded.

You did say that "given a half a dozen games he may well add the necessary strength ...... to make a real impact" which suggests a physical improvement is needed.

OK, I'll concede half a point; strength is one part of fitness. Sumo wrestlers are strong but how far could they run?

JON TORAL enjoyed his first experience of Scottish football but insisted there is much more to come from him.

The Spaniard found himself in and out of the side at Granada earlier in the season ahead of his switch to Ibrox, and while he admitted the style of play is something he’ll need to re-adapt to, he feels he can offer even more once he’s fully up to speed.

Speaking this week to the Official Rangers Podcast, the on-loan Arsenal midfielder said of his debut: “It was different to playing in Spain. The tempo is much slower there, whereas in Britain it’s much quicker so it was just about getting used to that again, and getting match fit.

“I haven’t played much football this season and I need to find that brightness and that fitness to reach the top of my game.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/fitness-will-see-reach-peak/

I think this pretty much proves my point.