[FT] Rangers 2 (Miller 85; 89) - 1 Motherwell

I was at the game and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We looked after the ball well but struggled to penetrate a 10 man wall that Motherwell had set up on the edge of their box.

We play some neat and tidy stuff but just lack that little bit of quality to break teams at this level down.

Thought we were ok too. Neat and tidy and but it all goes to buggery in the penalty area. That they had nine men behind the ball and were well organised defensively is only a partial excuse. But it would have been an absolute mugging if it ended in anything other than a win for us.

I think some of our players are still struggling with the weight of wearing a Rangers jersey!, maybe I am wrong or too sympathetic?, but it's a massive building job MW has and I think we are progressing, maybe not as quick as some want but we are getting there, IMO.

I think some of our players are still struggling with the weight of wearing a Rangers jersey!, maybe I am wrong or too sympathetic?, but it's a massive building job MW has and I think we are progressing, maybe not as quick as some want but we are getting there, IMO.

It's going to take at least decade to recover from the recent events which isn't to say we can't be successful in that time. We can but this isn't something anyone could press a reset button on and instantly recover from. The manager has done everything we could have realistically expected of him at this stage. He got us back into the SPL at his first attempt and will likely get us into Europe at the first attempt.

Edited by JFK-1

I really can't get some of the negativity from our own support from today's game.

Not the greatest Rangers performance I agree but consider two points please: one year ago we'd have lost that game. And we're still very much work in progress.

Please consider the absolute train wreck both MW and DW inherited from McCoist 18 months ago. At the start of last season they'd literally 2-3 weeks to put some sort of squad together to get us back to the top division. They did that.

Our next step is of course to challenge for the title and both domestic cups as well as get back into Europe. I'd argue we're on schedule with that but would suggest anyone who thought we'd challenge for the title this season was being over-optimistic. We don't yet have a squad as big as the yahoos yet but the last two OF games suggest to me whatever gap is bridgeable if we can get strikers scoring more goals than we've currently got. I believe that is achievable unless the yahoos go out & start spending £10m plus on players which I don't think they will.

All in all I believe next season we'll truly be back & going for 55

Edited by RANGERRAB

I really can't get some of the negativity from our own support from today's game.

Not the greatest Rangers performance I agree but consider two points please: one year ago we'd have lost that game. And we're still very much work in progress.

Please consider the absolute train wreck both MW and DW inherited from McCoist 18 months ago. At the start of last season they'd literally 2-3 weeks to put some sort of squad together to get us back to the top division. They did that.

Our next step is of course to challenge for the title and both domestic cups as well as get back into Europe. I'd argue we're on schedule with that but would suggest anyone who thought we'd challenge for the title next season was being over-optimistic. We don't yet have a squad as big as the yahoos yet but the last two OF games suggest to me whatever gap is bridgeable if we can get strikers scoring more goals than we've currently got. I believe that is achievable unless the yahoos go out & start spending £10m plus on players which I don't think they will.

All in all I believe next season we'll truly be back & going for 55

What's happened to you?, you're so positive these days:laugh:

Seriously though, you're bang on the money,IMO. I don't know what some fans expect just now?, they are of course entitled to their opinion the same as you and I however I aam with you on this as I see as gradually progressing and think we are as good a position as could be expected since MW came into Ibrox, he has also been unlucky with some signings due to injuries and the Barton case, but I see us getting there and if we finish 2nd,which we can achieve, then that is progression from last season, and hopefully we can get a good Scottish cup run, even win it!.

I still think we need to be a bit more patient but I am expecting to put a challenge for the title next season!.

A

What's happened to you?, you're so positive these days:laugh:

Seriously though, you're bang on the money,IMO. I don't know what some fans expect just now?, they are of course entitled to their opinion the same as you and I however I aam with you on this as I see as gradually progressing and think we are as good a position as could be expected since MW came into Ibrox, he has also been unlucky with some signings due to injuries and the Barton case, but I see us getting there and if we finish 2nd,which we can achieve, then that is progression from last season, and hopefully we can get a good Scottish cup run, even win it!.

I still think we need to be a bit more patient but I am expecting to put a challenge for the title next season!.

I'm seeing progress perhaps where others don't. We're heading in the right direction although perhaps not as fast as some would like.

I still don't think many of us realise how bad McCoist was. Signing loads of SPL journeymen on exorbitant wages to get us promoted. What was he planning to do with them all after he'd got promotion ? Not win the title that's for sure.

However we must never again get ourselves into a situation like last summer where we need to bring in 11 players. There was no way they were all going to be successful. And I'd argue the majority of them haven't been successful so far.

But regardless of what some say the team has improved. Recent results show that. The next step is to challenge for the title next season. I believe we will do that

A mere 20 months ago the same team were gubbing us 6-1 on aggregate. Just 2 weeks after that humiliation Warburton took over, the revolution began and now here we are sitting second in the SPL and looking good for a return to Europe at the first attempt. We're on track despite all the hurdles being thrown in our way from the likes of Ashley who is depriving us of millions gifted to him by a criminal clique.