McKay To Be Offered New Contract amid £6m German interest

If Leipzig paid £13M for Burke, based on "potential" who had done very little with a struggling side in the most over-rated league in the world, then there is no way in hell we should be letting a full internationalist go for £6M to the same side. McKay has a much better CV than Burke did, so why should we even stop for a second to consider such a paltry bid?

Also interesting about the Tennis...I thought Djokovic was a banker for the Aussie open. Good chance for Murray now although Nadal and Federer are sneaking under the radar. Wawrinka is another who can beat anyone on his day and Tsonga is an outsider now that jock is out.

If Leipzig paid £13M for Burke, based on "potential" who had done very little with a struggling side in the most over-rated league in the world, then there is no way in hell we should be letting a full internationalist go for £6M to the same side. McKay has a much better CV than Burke did, so why should we even stop for a second to consider such a paltry bid?

I don't believe anything from that rag! As TB says, if Burke was £6m then a full international with a side sitting second should be worth more. Personally I don't think we will get anywhere near double figures as our league is poor. We should hang on for another offer, if there really is one, of 7-8m.

If his heads turned though and he wants away you might be tempted just to take them 6 and let him go?

The Championship is overrated, but it's infinitely superior to Scottish football. I don't think McKay having a cap for Scotland means anything either. Players like Ross McCormack and Jordan Rhodes who have gone for big money and done very well in England have barely had a look in. Nobody cares whether Strachan picks a player or not in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Looking at the "bigger picture".....this is not a bad thing at all.

Mainly from the viewpoint that it gets a valuation out into the ether from a reputable/sizable club. Anyone else doing a bit a research now will get hit with the £6m price tag - This is what Ceptic have been doing for years.

Plus it also puts out to the wider audience that we do have some decent, talented player that are worth paying decent money for.

Lifted from FF:

jellybeans

1st Team Regular

27-07-2011

Re: Barrie McKay

I can 100% confirm there is absolulety ZERO interest from RB Leipzig or Mckay. Tragic stuff from Jackson. Ive seen an email from a source at the RBL which proves it to be total rubbish.