McKay To Be Offered New Contract amid £6m German interest

I was expecting a cheeky Championship club bid for Barrie at the conclusion of the last transfer window. It did not transpire because the wee man's form dip was becoming obvious.

Sunday's game reminded me of a Euro tie against Cologne circa '81/'82? Leading 2-1 from the first leg, Jock Wallace decided Jim Denny should man mark peerless Pierre. The diminutive blond chap ran amok on a truly horrendusly cold, rain soaked evening, we lost 5-1. I was serving in West Germany at the time and had endured a 3 hour drive to join 8,000 Bears. I left the game worried Jim Bett had played his way into a transfer. Sunday saw me drive out of the Mallorquine mountains in the snow, pitch up in Paguerra(a long term German dominated town on the island), and watched Rangers being horsed in front of several thousand travelling fans. I left the bar worried that Barrie had revealed his talents to a most appreciative audience. The bar attendees were most complementary about McKay.

Lifted from FF:

jellybeans

1st Team Regular

27-07-2011

Re: Barrie McKay

I can 100% confirm there is absolulety ZERO interest from RB Leipzig or Mckay. Tragic stuff from Jackson. Ive seen an email from a source at the RBL which proves it to be total rubbish.

Doesn't matter whether it is true or not - it gets a valuation for McKay into the media/internet etc. Folk looking for info on McKay will be met by articles stating £6m value.

Ceptic have been doing it for years.....Dumbell-i is NEVER a £20m player, no formal bid was ever submitted, but it got the valuation into "the wild".

£6m isn't a bad price but I'd dread to think how much we'd struggle without the craft and guile of the wee man.

I would take that for him.

We could, for example, buy three players for ~£1 million each and make a significant improvement to the team.

Anyone considered jackson is pushing up his value here

And yet we complain when the Tims do it and say we should be doing the same thing.... now that it appears to be getting done we complain again....

If McKay continues the impressive form he showed in December clubs from outside Scotland will be queueing up for him & his value will only increase.

What is important now is to get him to sign an improved longer contract so that when he does go we get decent money for him to reinvest in the team