Jon Toral and Emerson Hyndman to be involved against Motherwell

I think it's fairly obvious both will be "involved" at some stage but can someone please explain to me the logic behind:

Jon and Emerson are two very talented players and they will put pressure on the other players and I know they will respond accordingly."

Both midfielders come to the club able to play in an area of the team that Warburton identified as needing bolstered due to injuries and other circumstances, with Matt Crooks the latest to become unavailable for selection due to his loan at Scunthorpe

Warburton explained the reasoning behind the move for Crooks: “We lost a lot of players there (midfield), with Jordan Rossiter about to come back, with Niko Kranjcar picking up his injury and Joey Barton etc."

If we have lost a lot of players in midfield i.e. Kranjcar, Barton and Rossiter; surely that would be an ideal opportunity for Crooks to play if he was good enough, rather than making him unavailable through a loan to Scunthorpe?

It seems to me that bringing in Jon Toral and Emerson Hyndman to "put pressure on the other players" is a clear indication that the manager knows that Halliday, Windass and Holt, never mind Crooks, simply aren't good enough or at least not good enough on a consistent basis and contrary to what else he says "No one is ever guaranteed a shirt"; that has been precisely the situation with Halliday and Holt at least (who have both started every game since Celtic away) and it's arguable Windass as well who has started 7 out of the last 9 games when he was fit.

It was difficult to assess Toral who was played out of position in Leipzig (nothing new there) but should be the ideal temporary replacement for Kranjcar in CMF; but Hyndman had an excellent second half in a team that was toiling to compete with the fast flowing play of the Germans and certainly looked capable of challenging either Holt or Halliday for a starting berth.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Yeah, I quite liked the look of Hyndman but missed the bulk of the first half so can't comment on Toral.

Holt is talented wee player but every team knows that he's easily bullied out of games. Doesn't help we don't have a striker capable of holding onto the ball long enough to bring Holt into it in attacking areas where he's less easily marked.