Wallace & Garner Injury Update

No word on Rossiter. Clearly he's being protected - lets hope whatever his issues are they are recoverable.

My first thoughts when I read the headline were about Rossiter as well. You are being very kind by saying he is being protected, another way of looking at it might be to say he is made of chocolate, hence the reason Liverpool let him go and nobody else took a serious look at him.

My first thoughts when I read the headline were about Rossiter as well. You are being very kind by saying he is being protected, another way of looking at it might be to say he is made of chocolate, hence the reason Liverpool let him go and nobody else took a serious look at him.

I think that is a bit harsh in terms of nobody else taking a serious look at him. You also have to remember that had he signed for another English team the tribunal was likely to set the transfer fee somewhere around the 7-8 million mark, not surprising given he was captain of the England U19's.

Your statement suggests that nobody was interested in him, which I am sure wasn't the case - though the potential tribunal fee would have had them baulking at it.

As was debated at the time, the lad has failed to make it through a season to date without missing large chunks of it through injury.

The tribunal fee of £7M would not put off any EPL clubs for the captain of the England U19 side IF it wasn't known he was too big an injury risk, perhaps a mental thing, perhaps bad luck.

When we are restricted to signing journeymen from Accrington and can only get our 4th choice centre back, a 37 year old veteran, it just doesn't add up that the lad had ANY other decent offers on the table than to come to our treatment table.

For the small fee it was most certainly a gamble worth taking, but come on guys, there can be no other plausible explanation for his arrival than the scenario I have outlined.

Perhaps the lad is still growing and that has caused him to be more brittle than others, and he may come out of it a fantastically fit and technically sound professional that we will eventually move on for a huge fee after getting a lot of excellent performances out of him. He will certainly get first class support on and off the pitch/training ground from our club and fans to give him every chance, so hopefully we see him back soon.