David Goodwillie and David Robertson raped mum of one

You can be very drunk but still have sex.

As is evidenced by the unfortunate woman, so drunk as to be non compos mentis, in this case.

I think the judge's point is that she was so drunk as to have sex forced upon her rather than being able to give consent to "have sex" i.e. consensual sex.

You can be very drunk but still have sex.

As is evidenced by the unfortunate woman, so drunk as to be non compos mentis, in this case.

I don't think so, hence my comment about not commenting on the specifics of the case.

If a man and woman get pissed and have sex and the next day the woman says truthfully that she was too drunk to give proper consent, but the man was equally drunk, can he get done for rape? Perhaps the guy wouldn't have done it either if he'd been sober.

There seems to be a suggestion that there is a different rule for men and women and I'm asking if that is the case and if so, is it correct?

I don't think that's the suggestion here.

The judge said "both defenders (the footballers) took advantage of the pursuer" I think that implies that they were compos mentis and she was not, at least in the judges opinion.