Mark Warburton to hand new deals to veteran stars Kenny Miller and Clint Hill

BY ANDY DEVLIN

GOLDEN OLDIES Rangers boss Mark Warburton to hand new deals to veteran stars Kenny Miller and Clint Hill

The Gers gaffer*confirmed SunSport’s exclusive before jetting to Germany for their friendly with RB Leipzig

MARK WARBURTON is set to offer new deals to Clint Hill and Kenny Miller.

The Rangers boss confirmed SunSport’s exclusive before jetting to Germany for their friendly with RB Leipzig.

The veterans have been the stand-out players for the Gers this season but are out of contract this summer.Gers boss Warburton said: “I think they have been outstanding.

“Forget their age. They have the experience that comes with that, but their level of performance week in and week out has been first-class. You have got to admire them.

“It is no coincidence with the way they train, how they work and how they prepare.

“Kenny and Clint are two of the first out every day. That tells you a lot about their attitude and they are reaping the rewards.“I have no doubt about their quality and it is a pleasure to have them on board here.

“They enjoy playing for Rangers — Kenny is a Rangers man — but Clint has come in at 38 and is playing in front of 50,000 people.“They are the biggest crowds of his life at 38 so long may that continue.

“The discussions go on. The focus is on January but my opinion in terms of what I, David Weir and the staff here think of those two guys is very clear.”

With Rangers closing in on a return to Europe next season, Warburton insists it’s vital he has characters like Miller and Hill in his dressing room.

He added: “It is really important. You have to pick your senior pros really well, you have to get the right ones. I look at Niko Kranjcar and the respect the boys have for him.

“Yes, he has done it, but he showed every day on the training pitch how good he is. Good players want to play with good players and they give the ball to good players.“The senior players have a massive role to play, on and off the pitch.”

A staggering 8,000 fans have made the trip to Germany and Warbs said: “I’m stunned.“It is a staggering number of supporters for a friendly away from home so soon after Christmas. It’s fantastic.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/435136/rangers-boss-mark-warburton-to-hand-new-deals-to-veteran-stars-kenny-miller-and-clint-hill/

Not against this but we really must get someone up front who will get us 25 league goals per season.

I still think Waghorn is capable of that. Now that he is back in the team he is scoring again. A full season upfront he would easily get to 18 IMO.