SPFL hoping to stamp out supporter misconduct after issuing revised rule book

Actually most other fans on forums are against this because they think it will be used against them more than any other club. Everybody (including ourselves) can't be right !

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

The fact that supporters of many different clubs think it would be used against them, does tell you something.

Whilst any charges would be issued by paid officials, I would be fairly sure that cases will be heard by an independent tribunal such as dealt with the Motherwell case or more or less vindicated us on the question of EBT's.

You mean the way that the Compliance Officer is independent ? Your naivety is absolutely astounding BH.

I worked closely with Ministers, Civil Servants, the Police and the Football Authorities, in 2011/12 and whilst Club representatives will always promote their own interests and the officials are the representatives of the Clubs, I can assure that the Scottish Government does not have an agenda other than doing their best to eradicate unacceptable behaviour and the damage it does to the image of Scotland around the world. IIRC the Minister condemned the lack of effective action following the Cup Final and stated that strict liability would be imposed if the football authorities did not take effective action.

We are now represented on the SFA Professional Game Board, we need to work to gain representation on the SPFL and full SFA Boards in order to exert more influence at the top of the game.

Pete, I thank you for the compliment, but I am equally surprised that smart people like you, Craig and BD do not understand that this is going to happen, the only question , is when.

A government may have the best of intentions but a government is not made up of one large true running cog. It is made up of many smaller cogs ending up with the Bobby on the street(in this case) who probably has the most important role. If this last cog doesn't run true then the whole system does not run true. Remember Police Scotland tried to blame their failings on the Rangers support. My sister used to come to Holland every year a time ago. One year the police did campaign that if you signed in when you were going on holiday they would keep an extra eye open on your property. My sister signed up. That was the only year my sister ever had a break-in when she was away. I could write stories of the police all night but honesty will not be mentioned very often.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

The fact that supporters of many different clubs think it would be used against them, does tell you something.

It tells you absolutely nothing about whether or not it would be a level playing field, nothing whatsoever. And do you know why ? Because every club has fans who believe they are mis-treated by the authorities.... yet only one club's fans seem to have actual evidence to prove this to be the case - yes, that would be us.

What evidence is there for Hearts fans or Killie's fans when they continue to sing "up to their knees" in Hibs or Ayr blood with impunity whilst Rangers fans are being arrested and seeing jail time for such instances ?

Are the Ross County fans complaining because Curran got cited by the Compliance Officer for a deliberate elbow to Clint Hill's face ? Of course not, because it didn't happen.... yet Kiernan gets cited for a nothing incident.

And you still believe in this mythological level playing field.

If it wasn't so serious I would laugh.

My sister used to come to Holland every year a time ago. One year the police did campaign that if you signed in when you were going on holiday they would keep an extra eye open on your property. My sister signed up. That was the only year my sister ever had a break-in when she was away. I could write stories of the police all night but honesty will not be mentioned very often.

I filled in and signed up those cards [the old Strathclyde area] every time I went on holiday from the early 80's until just a few years ago Pete. Your sister may well have had somebody tell her that the police would keep an extra eye on her house but that was not what the scheme was designed for. There was a section where you left contact details of anybody else looking after your house or who would act as keyholder or be able to contact the householder who was away in any emergency. Another section was to leave details of any hazards, ie large holes around the house which may harm any cops attending. House alarms were covered in another section.

The main thrust was leaving details of somebody for the police to contact should the house get broken into, go on fire or anything else. Thankfully I was never contacted. Sympathy with your sister though mate.