Arsenal Sign Cohen Bramall from Hednesford Town

• 3 weeks later...
Yes and one in the LC; 2 games in 3 seasons ex the season with us.

I know we won't agree on this but I have said all along that he wouldn't make the grade at Arsenal and that they would transfer him, it's just taken 6 months longer than I said.

The 20-year-old has been loaned out to VVV-Venelo and looked absolutely, er, thrilled with the news

Not quite Borussia Dortmund.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/arsenal-star-gedion-zelalem-refuses-9705135

I very much doubt Arsenal will renew his contract at end of next season.

Fair enough, BH, you were right. I thought he would make it -- albeit not any time soon with his physique, but in the future.

Good chance we can now get him permanently!

Thanks, coming from a respected tactician like your good self that's appreciated; but hopefully he won't end up back at Ibrox.

I continue to maintain that he isn't really cut out for British football; he might get a game in Spain for example where possession is 9/10ths of the law, but IMHO is much more likely to end up back in the US and possibly not even at MLS level.

I think the name of this thread should be changed to something like - The New Gedion Zelalem Thread

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Thanks, coming from a respected tactician like your good self that's appreciated; but hopefully he won't end up back at Ibrox.

I continue to maintain that he isn't really cut out for British football; he might get a game in Spain for example where possession is 9/10ths of the law, but IMHO is much more likely to end up back in the US and possibly not even at MLS level.

I think the name of this thread should be changed to something like - The New Gedion Zelalem Thread

Nonsense. I take it you don't watch much MLS football then...... If you have watched any MLS football you would immediately recognize that regardless of Zelalem's ability to make it in British football, the very suggestion that he isn't good enough for the MLS shows an anti-Zelalem agenda IMHO. He's superior to the majority of MLS players, aside from the franchised players such as Villa, Pirlo, Keane etc.

Where do you think vuckic will end up level wise out of morbid curiosity?

Nonsense. I take it you don't watch much MLS football then...... If you have watched any MLS football you would immediately recognize that regardless of Zelalem's ability to make it in British football, the very suggestion that he isn't good enough for the MLS shows an anti-Zelalem agenda IMHO. He's superior to the majority of MLS players, aside from the franchised players such as Villa, Pirlo, Keane etc.

I don't have an anti Zelalem agenda at all; it's just that I have maintained from the outset (against almost everyone else on this site) that he brought very little to Rangers as an attacking midfield player and would not make it Arsenal or at any decent level in the English game.

I think that the fact that he's now being loaned out to a club in the Dutch 2nd division, tells you all you need to know about his future prospects with Arsenal or any other top flight European club

I bow to your far superior knowledge of the MLS but I did say that he might "possibly" not make it at level and the corollary of that is that he probably will; but that's the best I think he can hope for.

Let's be honest here, do you think he can establish himself at any top league team in any of the major European countries?

Emerson Hyndman is a far superior player IMHO.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Where do you think vuckic will end up level wise out of morbid curiosity?

He did a great job for us in the Championship and has bags of natural ability but appears to be a bit of a nomad, so who knows.

He's a free agent at the and of this season and I' be delighted to see him back at Ibrox as would many others; however if Kranjcar comes back fit then he might not be starter in the team.