Rangers sign highly-rated Raith Rovers defender David Bates on 18-month deal

The towering 20-year-old has spent the first half of this season on loan with the Ibrox under 20 side.

Rangers have signed highly-rated defender David Bates from Raith Rovers after the 20-year-old impressed on a development loan at Ibrox.

Bates has signed an 18-month deal at Ibrox after spending the first half of the season with the Gers' under 20 side.

The towering centre half caught the eye last season when he broke through at the Kirkcaldy side before moving on loan to Brechin City.

Now, after spending the first six months of the season with the Rangers development side, the Fifer has done enough to win himself a deal until the summer of 2018.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-sign-highly-rated-raith-9596603

Having seen most of his games in the Development League I am absolutely astounded at this, we really are in a bad way.

I thought that the clue may have been "...the towering centre half...", and that height with, if possible, power, would be no bad thing.

However, I'll accept your judgement. Disappointing, mind.

Having seen most of his games in the Development League I am absolutely astounded at this, we really are in a bad way.

Strange how things have changed in 18 months...

It was not so long ago we were lauding the fact that we had a one formation philosophy across our age groups with a clear view on how the game should be played.

Now apparently "we really are in a bad way"?

Perhaps that is why we are here writing about our club and football, while others coach and manage teams like Rangers?

The McCrory brothers have signed on too, I noted. Wonder how they will develop.