Kenny Miller and Clint Hill to be offered new deals at Ibrox

DEAL THEM IN Rangers boss Mark Warburton set to offer veteran stars Kenny Miller and Clint Hill new deals at Ibrox

The pair have been top performers for the Light Blues this season

MARK WARBURTON wants to offer veteran Rangers stars Kenny Miller and Clint Hill new deals.

The experienced pair have only four months left on their contracts and SunSport can reveal Warbs is prepared to offer extensions to tie them down until the end of next season.

It’s understood both Miller, 37, and Hill, 38, are eager to open talks about signing until the summer of 2018. Negotiations will start as soon as the Ibrox board sanction the move.

Miller has been outstanding for Gers this season and arguably the team’s best player.

He is also Warbs’ most trusted and respected pro behind the scenes.

The former Scotland star plays a major part on and off the pitch and the Ibrox boss feels he’s earned a new contract.

Hill was initially seen as a stop-gap defender, but his recent displays have convinced Warburton to extend his stay.

Talks have NOT yet taken place with Gers potentially running the risk of losing the pair if they don’t start the ball rolling soon.

Hill has been tipped for a return to QPR with clubs in the MLS believed to be keeping an eye on Miller.

Warburton has spent this week in London as he tries to conclude deals to sign two players on loan.

While two players could be checking in at Ibrox, several fringe players look to be on their way out.

Michael O’Halloran could be set to go out on loan with a return to former club St Johnstone a possibility.

Matt Crooks could also be allowed to join another club until the end of the season.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/387635/rangers-boss-mark-warburton-set-to-offer-veteran-stars-kenny-miller-and-clint-hill-new-deals-at-ibrox/

Miller has had a good season - as had Hill.

Sure, it's not ideal to having to rely on older pros but as long as they're doing the business then there's not a big issue for me - especially when we consider the affect they should be having on any younger lads who really want to succeed in the game.

Re-signing Miller makes no sense to me. A 37 year old striker with just 5 league goals this season so far.

Obviously he's not been playing as a striker this season though. He usually links the play from deeper/wider positions but thankfully still has the engine, pace and desire to score goals when the opportunity arises as well.

I would drop Miller back into the left midfield for this season,I think he is better than Holt or Forrester and he could have late runs into the box. He is also defensively better than Holt or Forrester so it makes sense to me.

Holt has really disappointed me this season.