Rob Kiernan has SFA violent conduct hearing over Perth 'punch' postponed

Rangers defender Rob Kiernan has SFA violent conduct hearing over Perth 'punch' postponed.

Kiernan was hit with a two-game ban for 'striking' St Johnstone's Steven Anderson in last week's draw but is contesting the charge.

Rangers defender Rob Kiernan has rejected the offer of a two-match SFA ban and will fight his case at a disciplinary hearing on January 12.

The former Wigan stopper was charged by the governing body after allegedly punching St Johnstone 's Steven Anderson during the 1-1 draw in Perth last week.

The incident sparked a war of words with the Saints defender claiming Kiernan "punched" him in the ribs while Rangers boss Mark Warburton brushed it off as a push in the stomach.

The Gers star was offered a two-match ban but chose to contest the charge and an initial hearing was set for tomorrow at Hampden.

However that has now been pushed back a week at Rangers request with players currently on their winter break.

After the match on December 28, Saints skipper Anderson blasted: "Yes, Kiernan punched me. It was a corner and he caught me in the ribs. Brian Easton saw it as well. It was a clear punch on me."

But Warburton hit back: “It was a push in the stomach. I’ve heard it was a physical assault and other nonsensical comments.

“If you are looking at that then you would have judicial panels every day of the week."

Rangers next match is the Scottish Cup tie against Motherwell on January 21.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-defender-rob-kiernan-sfa-9563360