David Weir blasts social media criticism of Ibrox boss Mark Warburton...

I never wanted Warburton sacked but was very critical of him and personally I think he deserved a lot of criticism. He refused to change a system that was failing badly. It had been failing since we won the league last season. He missed a massive chance to get us into Europe and miss a cash cow. We are not a country mile behind Celtic because Celtic are that much better than us. we are that far behind Celtic because we could not beat Hamilton, Ross County St Johnstone Aberdeen Hearts etc. We have played 2 excellent games in a row now against our nearest rivals and it has gone with Warburton changing the system with Tavernier giving the midfield an extra boost. Then there was the Barton saga. Warburton looks far from convincing in that diabolical situation. There is no room for people getting on their high horses calling people screamers. Warburton deserved criticism whether Davy Wier or anyone else thinks so or not.

I think you must also take into consideration the new players fitting into the system we'd been playing with, the fact that some were injured or not at peak fitness too Pete.

We'd a couple who were absolute disasters in their first match which couldn't have helped with confidence.

I'd prefer to think that the manager saw what was going on and DECIDED to change how we played rather than being forced into it.

I think you must also take into consideration the new players fitting into the system we'd been playing with, the fact that some were injured or not at peak fitness too Pete.

We'd a couple who were absolute disasters in their first match which couldn't have helped with confidence.

I'd prefer to think that the manager saw what was going on and DECIDED to change how we played rather than being forced into it.

I agree I am not saying there weren't factors he had no control over or that all the criticism was correct. For him to have lost his job at this time was a nonsense. Criticism is healthy if it is honest criticism but in football many fans just look to criticise from day 1 that is the nature of the beast and I doubt it will change any time soon and Rangers do not hold a monopoly on them they are at every club. I have said on here before I cringe when I go to Ibrox and some supporters start giving it the "Your a wanker"shout from the first minute. A football manager will always get criticism it is up to him to take the useful criticism and dump the rest,

He deserved the criticism. Performances where atrocious. Same as attitude and effort.

Just the same as he now deserves praise for turning things around. All of us would prefer he was a success doesn't mean that excuse after excuse will be accepted for falling short of expected norms.

There is no middle ground. Follow the Rangers way or get out. Don't cry about it.Do better and stop telling people its just another game. Its not nor will it ever be that way here. If it was he wouldn't have received such a high salary for managing in the Scottish 1st division nor his players for playing here they would be on wages like Aberdeen pay.

What he deserved was the chance to get a team he had just added 11 players to organised in a season that was already transitional even if no players had been added. If anyone who matters had taken this criticism seriously he wouldn't even be there right now he would be sacked and that's ludicrous.

A great deal of it sounded no different from that we would expect from those who hate us and no different from the stupidity at Aberdeen right now with McInnes. And to make it all the more absurd in a matter of weeks we're sitting 7 points clear in second place after the screamers were screaming about lucky to be top 4 or even top 6.

And no doubt the same screamers will be screaming the same nonsense come the next contrary result. The man has worked wonders at a club that was in shambles and merits no criticism on the level it was thrown at him.

I'd say the truth lies somewhere in the middle

weir says we held our own in the cup final? absolute bollocks IMO

he also says people are now waxing lyrical whereas a few weeks ago they were getting lambasted again i see no such thing just people criticising where its merited and celebrating wins, again as normal.

the scattergun approach to aged signings, the JB affair, the 5-1 hammering, the hibs cup final loss these are not figments of people's imagination

IMO the team have been backed to the hilt as evidenced by sell out attendances

but as we've seen all too often recently - all the talking done off the field

weir says we held our own in the cup final? absolute bollocks IMO

I've got to admit mate, I don't know what match you were watching. When we were leading I just didn't see any way we'd lose.

Yes we lost stupid goals. But there is no way we didn't more than hold our own.

He deserved the criticism. Performances where atrocious. Same as attitude and effort.

Just the same as he now deserves praise for turning things around. All of us would prefer he was a success doesn't mean that excuse after excuse will be accepted for falling short of expected norms.

There is no middle ground. Follow the Rangers way or get out. Don't cry about it.Do better and stop telling people its just another game. Its not nor will it ever be that way here. If it was he wouldn't have received such a high salary for managing in the Scottish 1st division nor his players for playing here they would be on wages like Aberdeen pay.

What he deserved was the chance to get a team he had just added 11 players to organised in a season that was already transitional even if no players had been added. If anyone who matters had taken this criticism seriously he wouldn't even be there right now he would be sacked and that's ludicrous.

A great deal of it sounded no different from that we would expect from those who hate us and no different from the stupidity at Aberdeen right now with McInnes. And to make it all the more absurd in a matter of weeks we're sitting 7 points clear in second place after the screamers were screaming about lucky to be top 4 or even top 6.

And no doubt the same screamers will be screaming the same nonsense come the next contrary result. The man has worked wonders at a club that was in shambles and merits no criticism on the level it was thrown at him.

I've got to admit mate, I don't know what match you were watching. When we were leading I just didn't see any way we'd lose.

Yes we lost stupid goals. But there is no way we didn't more than hold our own.

sorry meant the OF semi.