Rangers Winning on a Friday Evening

I blame it all on the "9-in-a-row" generation. Those who have had no idea what it has been like to be brought up in barren times :ninja:

No divine right to win any game. We came from a division below, replaced almost a whole squad and still plenty expected us to not only be comfortably in second (which we actually are now, and playing well enough) but there were also many who thought that we could actually challenge for the league immediately (that particular expectation is an unfortunate side effect of having beaten them in the SC semi and has hindered us in a sense).

Craig, I was but a child when I saw Baxter and Co dominate. I then lived through the manks running amok. Our own 9 in a row squads took over later and I loved every second of it despite working abroad for much of it.

What should be remembered is, these things go in cycles. I couldn't care less if the manks win 15 in a row - we'll equal it eventually.

Remember it's okay having so called big resources that can attract and pay players but when wholesale changes are made to the squad of course it will take time to gel.

As long as we do not take these three steps forward then two back things might keep improving.

Remember it's okay having so called big resources that can attract and pay players but when wholesale changes are made to the squad of course it will take time to gel.

As long as we do not take these three steps forward then two back things might keep improving.

As I see it Mac, once Whytes trial is over, the actual ownership of Rangers is established and,full, open and wide investment begins, my one fear is that we may well slip back to the Advocaat days of signing to get one single goal.

My hope at the start with Warburton was that we'd see youngsters appear in short time after his arrival.

I can only speak for myself and it has nothing to do with that. We have the most resources by some distance outwith Celtic and performances plus results were nowhere near good enough. Things seem to be improving now thankfully.

Not good enough for second ? At the same time as having come up from a lower league with a bunch of journeymen ? At the same time as bringing in a full team of new players ? At the same time as having to see them gel together ?

Aye, right enough.... patience isn't something in abundance as Rangers fans !!

I'm all for realism when it comes to our inconsistency this season:

At times we've been downright awful. At times our defending has been laughable. At times our finishing deplorable. At times the manager looks out of his depth. At times, the Rangers jersey looks too big for many players. At times we've lacked the stomach for the fight.

However, if we're honest and balanced in our opinions:

At times, some of the football has been superb. Our defending has improved as the season has gone on and only silly mistakes have cost us goals recently. We've also scored some fantastic goals. The manager seems to have taken on board valid criticism and reacted well. The same can be said for many players. Since the Hearts match, we've really looked much more up for it.

Now, we're far from the finished article and it's not wrong to point that out. We need a higher standard of player and we need to be more consistent if we're to mount a serious challenge to Celtic going forward. However, it's only fair to acknowledge the club's difficulties in respect of that - i.e. what has happened in the last five years and how long it's going to take us to rebuild.

Thus, if you're not prepared to fit any of the above pragmatism into your opinions then you're not being a realist but simply trolling.

However, it's only fair to acknowledge the club's difficulties in respect of that - i.e. what has happened in the last five years and how long it's going to take us to rebuild.

Thus, if you're not prepared to fit any of the above pragmatism into your opinions then you're not being a realist but simply trolling.

Does this only apply uniquely to the current manager, or does it also cover previous managers who were around in the last five years? :)

Does this only apply uniquely to the current manager, or does it also cover previous managers who were around in the last five years? :)

Of course the off-field mitigations can apply to Ally. More so than Warburton in fact.

Unfortunately, the bad outweighed the good with respect to the rest of my post when it comes to Ally McCoist's management of the team.

Not that I was even thinking of him when I posted. :hm:

There was no good side to ally management to balance things out.

Ok, fair enough. So if we take that as a benchmark to assess Warburton then we have to wonder that why, under far, far less "difficulties" , that we haven't seen much of a measurable improvement in results over a manager with no good side? It seems in that context, his critics have been incredibly mild and forgiving...