Rangers Winning on a Friday Evening

We were doing woefully until three games ago. We've still dropped far too many points.

We were poor for 2 games and took a while to settle way back at the start.

Prior to that hearts game we had 6 wins 3 draws and a defeat in 10 games.

Some criticism was warranted but what went on was madness.

And yet prior to the last 3 games on the night we lost at Tynecastle we were still in equal second spot on 26 points. That's woeful?

We're in a woeful league. Yes, what I said stands. 7 wins from 15 was nowhere near good enough.

And the core argument is that we were always going to come right, finish the season a comfortable minimum second, and that calls for the head of the manager were ridiculous.

Whose core argument was that?

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

I blame it all on the "9-in-a-row" generation. Those who have had no idea what it has been like to be brought up in barren times :ninja:

No divine right to win any game. We came from a division below, replaced almost a whole squad and still plenty expected us to not only be comfortably in second (which we actually are now, and playing well enough) but there were also many who thought that we could actually challenge for the league immediately (that particular expectation is an unfortunate side effect of having beaten them in the SC semi and has hindered us in a sense).

The first Hearts game? There were screams of "lucky to be top 6" long before that. I was personally being mocked as not in touch with reality when I continued insisting all would come right that we would be second minimum and by a comfortable margin.

A few friends and family are eating their words

I blame it all on the "9-in-a-row" generation. Those who have had no idea what it has been like to be brought up in barren times :ninja:

No divine right to win any game. We came from a division below, replaced almost a whole squad and still plenty expected us to not only be comfortably in second (which we actually are now, and playing well enough) but there were also many who thought that we could actually challenge for the league immediately (that particular expectation is an unfortunate side effect of having beaten them in the SC semi and has hindered us in a sense).

I can only speak for myself and it has nothing to do with that. We have the most resources by some distance outwith Celtic and performances plus results were nowhere near good enough. Things seem to be improving now thankfully.