Butcher last night

Can some one please clarify just why Butcher is not accepted by so many bears when he played for us for good number of years with such distinction?

Butcher hasn't had a good word to say about our club since 5 seconds after he got his last wage packet from us.

At Hamilton as always he concentrated on every single negative he could see in our play.

I met him once at Ibrox and would hope I get another chance - just to let him know what I think of him now.

Reading this thread made me think about an English XI who played for Rangers. Was tempted to go Goram in goal and McCall in midfield but both represented Scotland.

Im sure I will have missed a few out.

Woods

Stevens Butcher Roberts Spackman

Francis Steven Gascoigne Walters

Hateley Gordon

Subs: Falco, Wallace, Vinnicombe, Jeffers, Drinkell, Sterland

Edited by Gribz

Can some one please clarify just why Butcher is not accepted by so many bears when he played for us for good number of years with such distinction?

It was stuff he wrote in his second book that caused a large part of it. there was an implication that Cooper had a problem with Mo Johnston signing and also that his wife had stopped him becoming a bigot.

Terry Butcher was disgracefully treated by Souness when he left Rangers. Maybe that still hurts him. If so can't say I blame him but I certainly don't think he's anti-Rangers nowadays

When him and Sutton commentate on our games Sutton is more pro-Rangers than Butcher. I'd say Butcher is the most anti-Rangers pundit/co-commentator. Andy Walker probably runs him close.

If any debatable decision occurs, Butcher will side against us every single time.

PS - taking issue with what Butcher said here though is ridiculous.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

He did say that Gough always seemed to be suspended for the festive period but he was indeed joking and made absolutely no suggestion that Gough was deliberately manipulating it.

I thought that he did and that this was the whole point of the "joke". he delivered it so badly and in his mind-warplingly dull monotone that many couldn't see that he was trying to be funny.