Rangers are good enough to beat Celtic on Hogmanay says Kris Boyd

I would be very careful with both Garner and McKay in the next two games. At the first sign of trouble with Garner, I'd sub him because of his high caution count. Same with McKay if the hammer-throwers start to go after him.

We can't afford not to have both of these guys start against them in the Hogmanay game.

I get where you're coming from and have similar misgivings in the back of my mind regarding Garner and his racking up of cards and the attacks being carried out on McKay are worrying. But at the same time we need to now continue with the momentum we have been building and that's going to require fielding the strongest possible team. Away to St Johnstone is another tricky one.

Beating them on Hogmanay has to be preceded by a continued winning streak or it would be like two steps backward before taking another forward. Plus if the following is true the Garner card count wont be a factor even if he is booked again next week.

It takes 14 days for the yellow card points to kick in - so unless he gets sent off he can't miss any of the festive fixtures.

Can't be denied that on paper at least they appear to have more quality than we do but at the same time what we're looking at isn't so vastly different from the team we played off the park at Hampden in the SC semi.

Add to that the fact that we have been starting to click while they have been beginning to stutter we can go into this with confidence. But it's essential to keep winning prior to that. Beating them would get us nowhere if we're dropping points in the meantime. I have concerns Garner may go into it so fired up the tasmanian devil may look placid in comparison. Red card bait.

Edited by JFK-1