Rob Can Reach The Top

Many on here have been over critical about Kiernan but I have been saying all along that he was suffering as a result of Tavernier and Wilson as he was constantly left exposed by Tav and the hapless Wilson.

Since the introduction of Hill and Hodson he has been able to play his own position instead of three and is now beginning to show the quality I always believed he has.

If he can keep his concentration in games and work on his positioning, there's no reason why he can't improve.

He has shown in many games he can be a top defender but then often let's himself down quickly afterwards.

Generally, I think he looks better when he keeps it simple and puts his defensive duties first.

He gets some amount of stick, which has been mostly unwarranted, he has been our best CB in my opinion, i've been a big defender of Kiernan on Twitter, I believe the guy is good for us and he will only get better with age.

I was one of his biggest critics as he couldn't defend basic situations. He has been superb of late but for me he will need to keep that standard up for a while longer. As the old saying goes" Two Swallows doesn't guarantee a lumber".:)