Arnold Peralta’s widow - 'My wounds haven't healed'

'My wounds haven't healed' Slain ex-Rangers ace Arnold Peralta’s widow still can’t tell daughter he’s dead one year on from murder.

Vanessa Oliva admits she's yet to tell 16-month-old Camila her father is gone and says the youngster looks just like him.

MURDERED ex-Rangers ace Arnold Peralta’s widow has admitted she still can’t bring herself to tell their 16-month-old daughter about his death a year on from the horror slaying.

Vanessa Oliva, 27 – who saw the former Ibrox midfielder gunned down as she watched – said she hadn’t spoken to tot Camila because her own wounds were yet to heal.

Peralta – who played for the Gers between 2013 and 2015 – was blasted 18 times as he opened the driver’s door of his Porsche at a car park in his native Honduras during a trip to buy baby clothes.

Three gunmen fled on motorbikes following the assassination in coastal city La Ceiba on December 10 last year. They are still at large.

Speaking to a Honduran newspaper to mark the anniversary, she said: “It seems like it happened yesterday.

“Arnold is still present in our lives. I remember him every day.

“My daughter looks very much like him and from the moment she wakes up I see her and recall him.

“A few days ago she woke up and asked, ‘Daddy?’

“I didn’t know what to say to her so I began to laugh and cuddle her.”

She added: “As she grows up, I’m going to start telling her what we shared and how special he was.

“It’s very difficult seeing my daughter grow up without her dad.

“I haven’t prepared myself yet to tell her where he is.”

Camilla was just four months old when Peralta was gunned down.

Meanwhile the family war that erupted after Peralta’s funeral is STILL raging on.

Camilla’s gran Celina Sosa went public on the feud in March, claiming Vanessa had stopped her seeing the little girl.

She said: “Nothing had changed and the matter was with the courts.”

And she added: “That little girl is our family.

“How are we not going to want to support her and cuddle that beautiful little creature that my son left.

“At the moment that issue is still going through the courts.”

Deeply-religious Celina told a Honduran TV station: “I know the Lord at some point is going to say, ‘This is yours.’ What we want more than anything else is to be able to enjoy time with her.

“I’m going to demand my rights. We’re her family. I’m her grannie and we’re being denied our rights to be with her.”

Several suspects held over last December’s murder were freed due to lack of evidence.

Police have hinted they believe the footballer’s tangled personal life may have led to his murder.

Local reports linked it to the kidnap and violent death that same day of a woman called Andrea Paez Ochoa.

Peralta was spotted with at a nightclub in La Ceiba when he got into an argument with a well-known local criminal weeks earlier.

Model Kathrin Galo, 19, claimed earlier this year she had a nine-month affair with Peralta.

La Ceiba police chief Omar Reyes said there had been “satisfactory advances” in the police investigation.

He added: “At times, when the intellectual authors of crimes are dangerous people, possible witnesses stay back.

“At times there’s not necessarily the proof that can give you reliable information and things become more complex.

“What I can say is that there have been satisfactory and significant advances.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/297323/slain-ex-rangers-ace-arnold-peraltas-widow-still-cant-tell-their-daughter-camila-hes-dead-a-year-after-his-murder/