Andy Considine insists Aberdeen are better than Rangers– and they will prove it

Andrew Considine hailed Rangers a ‘fantastic team’ but revealed Derek McInnes has told Aberdeen’s players they must win the battle for second in the Premiership.

Well that's that isn't it. We're doomed because McInnes has told them they must win second place. I'm wondering why he didn't tell them they must beat the minnows of Europe in Europa legaue qualifying and must beat ra sellick. Obviously that would solve everything.

You have to wonder if he'll resign if they fail - the buck stops at the manager.

I doubt they would find anybody to replace him who could make them the second force in Scotland. That's an impossible task that's going to become ever more impossible. They're effectively already about as good as they can get while we will become even stronger. It's simple economics. They could bring back Alex Ferguson and it wont change that. They just have to get used to an SPL with Rangers back in it.

I think the board must realise that. They just have unrealistic fans as do Hearts and it doesn't help to get them used to their proper place when they have players making unrealistic statements.