What do we do if Halliday gets injured

I hate to bring up such a negative thing but when Barton disappeared we left ourselves very short in the anchor-midfield role. The only peron really quoted for that positio is Crooks but with only about 90(?) miutes of first team football it is a big ask for him to step up to the mark. I can't really see anyone else that could play there. Maybe, possibly Danny Wilson could move forward but has he ever played there before.

Is it a necessity to bring in a reputed defensive\central midfielder in January.

Edited by pete

I hate to bring up such a negative thing but when Barton disappeared we left ourselves very short in the anchor-midfield role. The only peron really quoted for that positio is Crooks but with only about 90(?) miutes of first team football it is a big ask for him to step up to the mark. I can't really see anyone else that could play there. Maybe, possibly Danny Wilson could move forward but has he ever played there before.

Is it a necessity to bring in a reputed defensive\central midfielder in January.

Talk about putting the hex on something.

Try Tavernier. He used to be a fullback and can tackle. He can also press forward.

Crooks can apparently play there but not seen enough of him to confirm this to be the case

When we did see him there it was also with Halliday against Aberdeen IIRR and to be honest he didn't really stand out. That is the problem with struggling so much we have not been given the chance to play the back-up players.

What about Rossiter? I rarely if ever saw him go into a tackle and not win the ball.

Agree stupidly I forgot about him. The thing with him though is he has glass legs and is regularly injured but I agree if he could get fit he would be a good answer.