Have you ever worn Rangers gear to meetings, interviews or other 'impartial' events?

I have held onto my Rangers ties from the 80's & 90's that I got with my season ticket in the Govan Rear. I must have about a dozen rangers ties gathered through the years but I've never been able to wear them to any business related things... until now. I've got a tie worthy meeting (rare for me) on Tuesday and since very few people care about the Glasgow football situation here, I am going with a modest blue and red diagonally striped number with 'Rangers FC' on the bottom.

I'm sadly excited about this :rfc:

Give us your stories of slipping the Rangers into places where it would otherwise not be welcome...

I don't know about business culture in Australia; but I'd suggest that most people hereabouts would question the judgement of anyone who wore any football colours, ties or otherwise, to a business meeting far less an Interview unless of course it was a football meeting where colours might be appropriate.

I did once have to chair a meeting of representatives of Scottish football trusts where some persons who have been mentioned on this site were present; but so far as I recall none wore their team colours (or at least none were on display), or it might have been an even more colourful event than it turned out to be.

Yeah Scotland isn't a place to be sporting football colours or attire just about anywhere outside a football stadium. Even just traveling to the stadium and back could be problematic in some circumstances.

Even although i live abroad I would never wear a Rangers tie to a business meeting.

In fact any meetings I go to in Holland nobody wears a tie.I think the last time I wore a tie was about 36-40 years ago. Unless you are going for a top managers job here, which I don't, it is denims and a normal jacket. I have 1 pair of so called dress trousers and only ever wear them for funerals in Scotland. For the rest my wardrobe is full of Denims.

I always wear my RFC mankini to board meeting, it's a traditional thing....

The same one Joey Barton wore to the showdown with the SFA?

Oz is sport daft and I have no problem leaving Rangers books in our canteen and waiting rooms, the meeting is important, not stuffy though so I'm confident that if it even gets noticed it will be met with a smile.