Ally McCoist’s firm banks £3m profit

Rangers legend and ITV pundit Ally McCoist’s firm banks £3m profit

The dad of five — dubbed Super Ally - used his firm to channel earnings from his footie career and media sideline

ALLY McCoist’s firm banked a fortune of more than £3million, latest accounts show.

Figures filed at Companies House reveal most of the profit declared by RT 1872 is held in investments.

But the debt-free enterprise — whose name features the founding date of Coisty’s beloved Rangers — has over £7,000 cash.

A sum of £142,000 is owed to the business, launched by the Ibrox legend in 1986 when he played for the club.

It disclosed total assets of £3.4million — including investments of £3.2million.

Property developer McCoist, 54, recently unveiled plans to knock down a derelict mansion near his home to build a £1million pile for the market. The B-listed building is near his home in Bridge of Weir, Renfrewshire.

The dad of five — dubbed Super Ally as a striker for Gers and Scotland — used RT 1872 to channel earnings from his footie career and media sideline.

ITV pundit McCoist returned to the box when he settled a contract dispute with the Light Blues last year — nine months after he han- ded in his notice as boss.

He admitted last month he is eager for a return to footie management. McCoist said: “If something comes up, I’d love to do it — it’s what I want to do.

“But I’m in a fortunate position that I have other business interests which I’m keen to work on.”

He added: “I have to think about my young family but if something came up that suits them, I’d go for it.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/257170/rangers-legend-and-itv-pundit-ally-mccoists-firm-banks-3m-profit/

Ally hasn't done badly out of any of this, which is fine, I have no problem with that, needs to earn a living etc. As I have said before my problem was and is with his "I did it all for the benefit of Rangers and the fans" protestations! After the "unconfirmed" reports of what happened re Ally at the AGM, we should all be done with him.