Seven ways I disagree with Warburton's footballing philosophy

Lol lauding mccoist for mckay and I'm a troll.

Once again your trolling by twisting my words - I said McCoist was an easy example to surpass.

"I'll once again emphasise that I'm using McCoist as an example of not a good manager therefore a very low bar for Warburton to surpass."

The funny thing is that YOU lauded Warburton for McKay, when McCoist bought him at 16 I think, put him in the U21s, gave him captaincy there, gave him his debut at 17 in the SPL, made him a regular at 18, then when alleged attitude problems arose, put him on loan for one and a half seasons.

Now considering all Warburton did was take a player who had been developed in that way, at 20 years old, who subsequently looked good in training, and put him back in the team at age 20/21.

Now again, I'm not lauding McCoist (please read several times) but what exactly did McCoist do wrong and Warburton do right? I'm pretty sure if McCoist was brought back instead of Warbuton (note: I never wanted that, it's hypothetical) he would have put McKay in the team also. After all if he did it at 18 along with McLeod and has a track record of playing others from the academy...

You are really showing your bias here and lack of objectivity. And the way you say it is obviously disingenuous and I'm afraid I agree, you are just trolling again. Like I said trolls like you on here are always calling me a troll as I call their bluff, but you can tell the troll by the condescending one lines not the in depth explanations.

People like you don't like facts and as far as I can tell I've just given the facts, and you have interpreted that as "lauding" despite me emphasising that I wasn't.

And people wonder why I'm not always totally respectful? As this shows, I have to put up with a fantastic amount of bullshit. :rolleyes:

Edited by calscot

I'm not sure it's unusual in 18 months given the starting point.

I'd have thought 5 years would be a more sensible period to judge personally.

Other managers usually take what's there and develop them in their first season. 5 years is a long time if it doesn't work and it's looking more likely Warburton won't be here then.

I think the lack of first team promotions is very unusual. As I alluded to, I think the teenage loans were counter productive in that sense.

Your rewriting history with regards everything mccoist had to put up with ,

What did I say that was wrong? Please educate me...

I remember a ton of shit. McCoist was shackled, usually when you take shackles off, people run better - I don't know if McCoist would but it's normal. I'd really like to see him manage a team that is not in crisis and see how he does. At them moment I'm finding it hard to wish him well, but I'd be very interested, he might be great, he might be crap, or my prediction, is that he'd probably be not very good, possibly mediocre.

he refused to meet the rfff, he refused to attend the March to Hampden , Sandy Jardine dealt with more than Mccoist did, all ally had to do was put a team onto the park whilst getting a premiership budget , and look how that turned out

I don't really get the relevance of that and as an employee, there is an obvious conflict of interest. His dream job was to manager Rangers, why would he just throw that away - especially when he can work on the inside - which by all accounts he did, and may have to thank him for saving some of our silverware.

Again, I'm not lauding him, just giving an obvious viewpoint.

Are there players you feel he's ignoring in this bracket?

Of course but most are now out on loan. I have no idea if they are any good but surely there is one or two worth a punt, especially when you consider the injury list (and Barton) given above.

Burt, Hardy and Walsh.

I want to emphasise that Warburton may be doing something that I don't understand with youths, or has other considerations. But I personally disagree with the not playing them philosophy.

I'm very surprised that it's contentious as it's been a big criticism of a few managers who have a better record in this regard but not good enough for many.

Once again your trolling by twisting my words - I said McCoist was an easy example to surpass.

"I'll once again emphasise that I'm using McCoist as an example of not a good manager therefore a very low bar for Warburton to surpass."

The funny thing is that YOU lauded Warburton for McKay, when McCoist bought him at 16 I think, put him in the U21s, gave him captaincy there, gave him his debut at 17 in the SPL, made him a regular at 18, then when alleged attitude problems arose, put him on loan for one and a half seasons.

Now considering all Warburton did was take a player who had been developed in that way, at 20 years old, who subsequently looked good in training, and put him back in the team at age 20/21.

Now again, I'm not lauding McCoist (please read several times) but what exactly did McCoist do wrong and Warburton do right? I'm pretty sure if McCoist was brought back instead of Warbuton (note: I never wanted that, it's hypothetical) he would have put McKay in the team also. After all if he did it at 18 along with McLeod and has a track record of playing others from the academy...

You are really showing your bias here and lack of objectivity. And the way you say it is obviously disingenuous and I'm afraid I agree, you are just trolling again. Like I said trolls like you on here are always calling me a troll as I call their bluff, but you can tell the troll by the condescending one lines not the in depth explanations.

People like you don't like facts and as far as I can tell I've just given the facts, and you have interpreted that as "lauding" despite me emphasising that I wasn't.

And people wonder why I'm not always totally respectful? As this shows, I have to put up with a fantastic amount of bullshit. :rolleyes:

Now your just making things mccoist did up.

Now your just making things mccoist did up.

Again with the one line, unsubstantiated insult. Can the people who think I'M insulting please see the pattern here???

I'm doing my best to treat your posts with respect, I think I've answered you quite well even if you don't agree with my opinions. But some things are just facts.

Can you tell me which bit you disagree with for some more normal type of discussion?

I can't swear I've given true facts here but that is how I recall the information I have read online and watched the team on TV with my own eyes.

I've checked Wikipedia - which I agree may not be the most reliable source, but is seen by enough footie fans to correct most of the glaring errors and has plenty of references.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrie_McKay

"McKay was then signed by Rangers in the summer of 2011. He played regularly in their under-19 side at the age of 16 and ended the season as top goalscorer."

"McKay made his first-team debut for Rangers on 13 May 2012, in a 4–0 win against St Johnstone.[9] On 11 August 2012, he scored Rangers first goal in the club's inaugural game in the Third Division"

"On 27 December 2013, he joined Greenock Morton on a month's loan.[17] As there were no SPFL U20 fixtures until January, this was to give him some much needed game time; he will be available for five games whilst at Cappielow.[18] His loan was extended until the end of the season."

"McKay signed for Scottish Championship club Raith Rovers on 1 September 2014, agreeing a loan move until 1 January 2015."

[TABLE=class: wikitable]

[TR]

[TH=bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: center]Club[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: center]Season[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F2F2F2, colspan: 3, align: center]League[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F2F2F2, colspan: 2, align: center]National Cup[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F2F2F2, colspan: 2, align: center]League Cup[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F2F2F2, colspan: 2, align: center]Other[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F2F2F2, colspan: 2, align: center]Total[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH=bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: center]Division[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: center]Apps[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F2F2F2, align: center]Goals[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Rangers[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2011–12[/TD]

[TD]Scottish Premier League[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2012–13[/TD]

[TD]Scottish Third Division[/TD]

[TD]31[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[a][/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]41[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2013–14[/TD]

[TD]Scottish League One[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[a][/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by calscot

I see I was wrong about him being captain of the U21s and he actually played for the U19s. My bad. I apologise, my memory is not perfect.

I don't think anything I said was too off the mark for the point I was making, and certainly not malicious.

For some people: please note me admitting I'm wrong, and apologising.