Even finishing 4th will be good enough this season.

What record?

He inherited Martinez's team at Swansea & was first Liverpool manager to win nothing in decades.

That's one way to look at it lol.

Or he took Swansea up when martinez couldn't. Did well once up. Moved to Liverpool and did better in the epl than anyone since the 1990.

Then resurrected celtc.

Edited by the gunslinger

That's one way to look at it lol.

Or he took Swansea up when martinez couldn't. Did well once up. Moved to Liverpool and did better in the epl than anyone since the 1990.

Then resurrected celtc.

yet...only just won his 1st trophy (I believe)...

yet...only just won his 1st trophy (I believe)...

Depends if you count a play off final.

People need to broaden their horizons.

He's massively improved his last 3 clubs.

In fairness he burns his players out fast and a couple of seasons is probably all he's good for anywhere.

Our chairman as good as stated he expects second with our players and budget.

Which only serves to confirm exactly what gunslinger said.... he was referring us being close to Celtic, he is still right.

Wind up or not in the OP it may be a bit valid. (Although I think saying we could still win the league would have been a more obvious wind up merchant).

Expectations this season were based on last seasons good football and a semi final where we played extremely well. Assumptions kicked in that because we had a bit of a cash injection and 50000 sell outs every week that we could straight away be top 2. But after a mass overhaul of the squad just 3-4 months ago it doesn't quite work like that. Now for me we could be easily sitting second place if we changed tactics - this IMO is the reason we aren't sitting 2nd, its our own issues which have been discussed this week i.e. the formation isn't right.

There is no doubt that when every team in this league play us its their cup final and re-union with the Ex wife that they love to hate - therefore they up there game 20%. So yes we are going to find games more challenging, but I still think overall there isn't much between half the teams in the top flight compared to the Championship. We seemed to have a better relationship with the teams outwith the SPL and was welcomed all over the country expect for when Hibs and Hearts dropped in and possible St Mirren.

I said at the start of the season while Europa League would have been financially welcomed this season it would have hampered our league position. Can you imagine the current performances in Europe then going from Thursday to Sunday? It would possibly have cost us a league position or two.

So for me this season is about solidarity and improvements - something the management and players have to get right starting on Saturday against Aberdeen who haven't won at Ibrox in a quart of a century.

Judgement will be at the end of the season. If we was sitting around 7th right now then alarm bells should be ringing, but two good wins in the next 8 days puts us in a nice position. Second should be the target now with 3rd probably acceptable should there not be a big gap between 3rd and 2nd.

If we ever get the Ashley issue sorted then further funds would flood in and then you could start talking about budgets.

Wind up or not in the OP it may be a bit valid. (Although I think saying we could still win the league would have been a more obvious wind up merchant).

Expectations this season were based on last seasons good football and a semi final where we played extremely well. Assumptions kicked in that because we had a bit of a cash injection and 50000 sell outs every week that we could straight away be top 2. But after a mass overhaul of the squad just 3-4 months ago it doesn't quite work like that. Now for me we could be easily sitting second place if we changed tactics - this IMO is the reason we aren't sitting 2nd, its our own issues which have been discussed this week i.e. the formation isn't right.

There is no doubt that when every team in this league play us its their cup final and re-union with the Ex wife that they love to hate - therefore they up there game 20%. So yes we are going to find games more challenging, but I still think overall there isn't much between half the teams in the top flight compared to the Championship. We seemed to have a better relationship with the teams outwith the SPL and was welcomed all over the country expect for when Hibs and Hearts dropped in and possible St Mirren.

I said at the start of the season while Europa League would have been financially welcomed this season it would have hampered our league position. Can you imagine the current performances in Europe then going from Thursday to Sunday? It would possibly have cost us a league position or two.

So for me this season is about solidarity and improvements - something the management and players have to get right starting on Saturday against Aberdeen who haven't won at Ibrox in a quart of a century.

Judgement will be at the end of the season. If we was sitting around 7th right now then alarm bells should be ringing, but two good wins in the next 8 days puts us in a nice position. Second should be the target now with 3rd probably acceptable should there not be a big gap between 3rd and 2nd.

If we ever get the Ashley issue sorted then further funds would flood in and then you could start talking about budgets.

I doubt we would still be in Europe tbh buy it would indeed be a huge issue.