Even finishing 4th will be good enough this season.

My fellow bears many of you forget of the troubles we have been through in the past few years. I am just grateful we are back in the top flight with the best teams in scotland. We were never going to challenge celtic for the title this season- it was just never feasible. If we finish at least 4th that will be good enough for me. Lets just use this year as a learning curve to help us developed into a team that can start challenging smeltic by at least 2019. Not many of you will be happy to hear that but it is the truth- I can't see us coming close to challenging for the title until a few years at least.

4th is good enough for Rangers?

Is this a wind up?

After missing out on Europe when it was within our grasp in the Cup Final, it is imperative that we finish at least 3rd to be sure of starting the long road back to Europe next season.

It will be a dogfight now for sure; but 4th is just not good enough for Rangers.

Not with our budget multiple times that of Aberdeen and Hearts. Unable to challenge for the title - acceptance for the same reason.

I might be wrong, but I think Celtic have about double our wages whereas we have about 3 times Aberdeen and 4 times Hearts.

I base this loosely on press reports and chairman statements and so is pretty rough and don't know the accuracy but seems plausible.

If that's the case then anything but second is poor. However, a cup win or double (impossible now) could be mitigation for more time after finishing lower.

Not with our budget multiple times that of Aberdeen and Hearts. Unable to challenge for the title - acceptance for the same reason.

I might be wrong, but I think Celtic have about double our wages whereas we have about 3 times Aberdeen and 4 times Hearts.

I base this loosely on press reports and chairman statements and so is pretty rough and don't know the accuracy but seems plausible.

If that's the case then anything but second is poor. However, a cup win or double (impossible now) could be mitigation for more time after finishing lower.

Our budget may be higher but we have had to climb out the sewer of football

Mental strength, desire, guts, will and the ability to accept responsibility - traits required by a winning Rangers team.

This team had most of them at the beginning of the season right up until Celtic gubbed them 5-0, then the Barton incident.

They need a leader among them to re-instate their focus and commitment and second is still achievable even with their lack of skills.

I dragged myself out my scratcher at 06.30 and was enjoying the relative calm of a peaceful morning before I read the OP! Fourth?? Aye that's right? I sincerely hope that's a wind up and we don't have a generation of bears who think just above mid table is acceptable, with our budget and fan base, under any circumstances.

On a positive note, I do think it's a agent from the farmyard clearly forgetting his medication, hopefully his sister will tuck him up in bed!!(that can be read one of two ways lol you choose)

I said at the start of the season that I'd be content with 3rd/4th; not ecstatic, but content. Aberdeen have an entrenched squad, finishing 2nd for the last few seasons (I believe?), so even with a greater budget, I think overcoming Aberdeen was going to be difficult because we've had to completely rebuild. Hearts did well after getting promoted, but I don't think it's any better than us finishing 4th -- they only had to overcome the shite, which we've been doing. OK, they pushed Aberdeen a tad, but they finished 3rd; behind the entrenched teams. Hearts are now one of those entrenched sides. So, I'll be begrudgingly content with 3rd/4th.